The MT-07 Forum

2015 FZ-07 Full Out Track Bike Build

Torqueriot

I've been sitting on a wrecked FZ-07 for a few years now with the intent to garner up a full out Track Bike build ever since I saw Andy @ AP MotoArt put together his FZ-07R's...  So I went and finally ordered a few goodies from him...  And then I decided to go ahead and document it a bit with some videos...

Done so far:  I've stripped the bike, installed KTech Rear Shock, forks with Andreani Carts, Andy's rearsets, Yoshimura Exhaust, Vortex Clip-on's, Driven Sprockets and Chain and Andy's Brackets for his Bodywork.

Still need to:  Order PSR Oil Plug, PSR Drain plug, S.S. Brakelines, Grips, send the ECU off to be flashed, Mount the bodywork, paint the body work, order an R6 front brake reservoir as the stock one does not work with the Vortex Clip-ons.

Andy's hardware is fairly nice.  His bodywork is also fairly clean.  A bit of lines from the molds but nothing a bit of sanding can't take care of.  Andy's a pretty stand up guy.  Seem's fairly straight forward.  Only downside is that it is essentially just him so getting parts in a fast manner doesn't usually happen.  Either way I think the FZ-07's finished as all out Track bikes look gorgeous...

I'm highly open to pointers and recommendations...  Not just for the bike but videos as well.  

- Eric

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Cool project Eric. Great job documenting it too, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing more as your build progresses. 

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member

Thanks for taking the time to do videos!  Looking good!

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 3 weeks later...

Slowly ticking away at the ole girl...  Fairings Mounted and Temporary Paint Booth erected.  Always open to suggestions.  Still need to order brake lines and an R6 Brake reservoir.  See the new video below!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the bike painted.  I need to work on my masking off skills and keeping a look out for tac-cloth pieces coming off on the bodywork so I don't paint over them.  A bit aggravating but I'll survive.  Still need to buy decals and possibly do a flow-coat.  We shall see.  Also, need a dedicated electrical line just for the compressor as it kept cutting off... rather aggravating when in the middle of painting.  Always open to recommendations...

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Great job on this project. I’ve been enjoying your videos and watching your progress.

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• 1 month later...