The MT-07 Forum

2018+ Exhaust Systems

CrewDog758

I'm looking into exhaust options for my '19 MT07 and was curious if there was a change to the 18-19 years exhaust system. The reason I ask is that when looking at the prior years, the exhaust looks identical in pictures to the '18+ exhaust. Did they change placement of the O2 or mounting points? Or is it just due to the updates on the '18+ that they are just classified differently yet have no change from the prior years? 

All in all, if the older years work just fine, it opens up more options for finding a better deal possibly.

Any thoughts?

Just now, CrewDog758 said:

I'm looking into exhaust options for my '19 MT07 and was curious if there was a change to the 18-19 years exhaust system. The reason I ask is that when looking at the prior years, the exhaust looks identical in pictures to the '18+ exhaust. Did they change placement of the O2 or mounting points? Or is it just due to the updates on the '18+ that they are just classified differently yet have no change from the prior years? 

All in all, if the older years work just fine, it opens up more options for finding a better deal possibly.

Any thoughts?

Drive fast, take chances 

• Premium Member

I'm not aware of any changes as far as exhaust between the 2015-2017 and the 2018+ . To my knowledge there is no 2015-2017 exhaust that won't bolt right up on a 2018+.

• Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 3 weeks later...
Wintersdark
On 7/24/2019 at 8:51 PM, DewMan said:

I'm not aware of any changes as far as exhaust between the 2015-2017 and the 2018+ . To my knowledge there is no 2015-2017 exhaust that won't bolt right up on a 2018+.

When I was shopping around, the various manufacturers I contacted said the same.  With that said, if a particular exhaust system is VERY tight fitting (wierd loops of pipe, underbody hidden, etc) it'd probably be a good idea to confirm.

Normal systems, however, will certainly bolt right in as the attachment points are identical.

Having said that, Imma plug Black Widow.  Great price, look sexy, sound awesome.  Really hard for me to justify the cost of yoshi or Akra vs these.  That's just me, though :)

• Like 1

414RiderInThe303

Just picked up the Graves full system exhaust with flash tune package from Revzilla. The tune is for the 15 so... it's compatible with earlier generations. I was going to upload the sound but the file is too large. Sorry folks

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info everyone. I ended up pulling the trigger on the Yoshi R77 and I am not disappointed. It sounds amazing

• Like 1