Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
1tondriver

Mods All At Once

Recommended Posts

1tondriver
Posted (edited)

I have owned my 2017 FZ07 for about 2 weeks and have not been able to control myself modifying the bike. I am taking an oath right now that I am done for the year. Here is the kicker, I have not been able to ride my bike yet as I am coming off my second collar bone surgery. I have ridden my buddies stock FZ so  I am familiar with the bike. Has anyone else gone hog wild right when they bought it like me or am I just sick. Here is what is being done so far. 

M4 Slip on

2WDW ECU flash

DDC’s and 5wt oil

MC Motoparts Preload Adjuster Caps

Ohlins STX 46 shock

Big Mouth Intake and Snorkel Removal 

CRG Levers

CRG Arrow Mirrors w/ Rhinomoto Bar Ends

R6 Throttle Tube and Grips

Cyclops Headlight 

Evotech Radiator Guard

Puig Sport Windscreen 

Shogun Frame Sliders 

OES Front and Rear Axel Slider Spools 

MNNTHBX Rear Fender Eliminator 

Passenger Foot Peg Delete Brackets

Ebay Rear Seat Cowl

RAM Mount

Sato Rearsets

Woodcraft Engine Covers

Proton 500 Flush Mounts

 Holy cow I need to stop... I will post some pics when it is all done.

 

Edited by 1tondriver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mossrider
Just now, 1tondriver said:

Has anyone else gone hog wild right when they bought it like me or am I just sick. Here is what is being done so far.

Dude, you ain't even got a loose screw let alone nuts.  You get style points for doing it without having riden it yet (beat me on that one) but you have no idea. Some of the folks around here have bankrupt small governments. I'm the poster child for bigger, faster, morer, nower, sooner, sicker, dumber. 

1630 hours Day 1

Studio_20180812_200732.jpg.278582f6f8a98f6e2c5203439e0f5001.jpg

0815 hours Day 2

IMG_20190724_181505.thumb.jpg.e29b2058119feddeb96c43044fd448be.jpg

"Done for the year", haha, that's funny. 

Wanna bet?

😅

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1tondriver
4 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Dude, you ain't even got a loose screw let alone nuts.  You get style points for doing it without having riden it yet (beat me on that one) but you have no idea. Some of the folks around here have bankrupt small governments. I'm the poster child for bigger, faster, morer, nower, sooner, sicker, dumber. 

1630 hours Day 1

Studio_20180812_200732.jpg.278582f6f8a98f6e2c5203439e0f5001.jpg

0815 hours Day 2

IMG_20190724_181505.thumb.jpg.e29b2058119feddeb96c43044fd448be.jpg

"Done for the year", haha, that's funny. 

Wanna bet?

<img src=">

Thanks for making me feel better and making me laugh out loud! If I buy one more item for this bike my wife will have me committed. I am going to show her your post however. 

Don’t know if I should take the bet quite yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorkyah

I'll take it

Because you're missing rearsets and bar changes


ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wintersdark

Seriously; you've got all that on the stock bars still?

 

Man, the second mod I did was the bars.  Needed them a bit wider (mind you, I'm a fairly huge guy, and having my hands so close together was fairly uncomfortable) and given you can get a nice set of very similar bars but 2" wider for like $20 in a matching satin black... well.  

 

First, of course, was the throttle tube.   That still ranks as probably the best mod to do on these bikes; or at least top three overall.  Definitely the best return for the cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1tondriver
1 minute ago, Wintersdark said:

Seriously; you've got all that on the stock bars still?

 

Man, the second mod I did was the bars.  Needed them a bit wider (mind you, I'm a fairly huge guy, and having my hands so close together was fairly uncomfortable) and given you can get a nice set of very similar bars but 2" wider for like $20 in a matching satin black... well.  

 

First, of course, was the throttle tube.   That still ranks as probably the best mod to do on these bikes; or at least top three overall.  Definitely the best return for the cost. 

I may be an anomaly but I don’t mind the stock bars. If I ever bend them I may change them but not until then. I am 6’2 and about 200 so not tiny. Now I just need some saddle time but this is holding me back for a bit. 

3C157666-0434-400F-B230-6F19D76BCAF5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wintersdark

Ooof; what happened there?  Looks like it was definitely not a good time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1tondriver

Shattered my left clavicle back in December in a bad crash. Had one surgery that didn’t work and had second one 3 weeks ago with new locking plate, screws and bone graft. Has not been a fun 7 months so far. Thanks for asking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorkyah

Damn dude

3 hours ago, 1tondriver said:

Shattered my left clavicle back in December in a bad crash. Had one surgery that didn’t work and had second one 3 weeks ago with new locking plate, screws and bone graft. Has not been a fun 7 months so far. Thanks for asking 

Heal up and feel better so you can get more seat time


ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bob 007
9 hours ago, 1tondriver said:

Shattered my left clavicle back in December in a bad crash. Had one surgery that didn’t work and had second one 3 weeks ago with new locking plate, screws and bone graft. Has not been a fun 7 months so far. Thanks for asking 

I feel your pain, I shattered my right clavicle in March in a bad high side crash when the twisty I was riding ended around a turn! I have a steel plate & screws , not healing like they want so they put me on a electronic bone simulator ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1tondriver
40 minutes ago, Bob 007 said:

I feel your pain, I shattered my right clavicle in March in a bad high side crash when the twisty I was riding ended around a turn! I have a steel plate & screws , not healing like they want so they put me on a electronic bone simulator ??

Well we are in the same spot. I did the bone stimulator also for about 2.5 months but it was still non union. When surgeon went back in he said the original plate and screw came loose and bone was just moving all around. New “locking plate” this time with graft hopefully works. I have to admit I am not the best patient and probably didn’t help the healing process by doing to much with left arm. Trying to be better this time. Hope things go better for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1tondriver

Well I am glad I didn’t take the bet. I have since bought Sato rearsets, new Proton flush mounts and Woodcraft engine cover sliders. 

I am now officially done... This is a sickness 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DewMan
21 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

I am now officially done...

Riiiight, That's what we all said.

Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the Sato rearsets.👍


DewMan
 
Just shut up and ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1tondriver
11 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Riiiight, That's what we all said.

Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the Sato rearsets.<img src=">

I am going to put together a review once all is installed. Probably in 2 weeks or so. This has been a pretty big project 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.