The MT-07 Forum

New MT07 owner

MT07noob

f6Q7lRTPSvmomjS7KhFZYw.thumb.jpg.815f7f5cd958e70c5547d8690312e932.jpgGood day fellow MT riders, new to the forum here from Calgary Alberta Canada. I am a new owner of a spankin new 2019 MT07, also this season is my first year riding as well. Started on an R3, and quickly over on up to the MT07 and could not be happier. I absolutely love this bike thus far, a few mods have been done, fender eliminator, rad guard and some adjustable levers. I am in a bind here now, I don't want to add too many mods too soon, so what I have done so far is OK with me. I am looking into possibly getting a full exhaust and tune on it next year. My thoughts are this: I know this thing sounds beastly with a full system on, however I do like the low key stock exhaust, but want to have a mean growl outside my helmet. My question is do you hear much "drone" or "resonance" in your helmet that is overbearing at times with a full system? I don't want to regret it when I go on longer trips to the mountains etc and have it be too much. I was looking at the Akropovic Titanium or the Yoshimura R77. I wouldn't be against the "hole mod" however I am concerned it may affect performance as it is basically an exhaust leak, and a system would sound much better anyway. 

Anyway, I hope I didn't lose you with my large introduction speech. I look forward to any replies and looking at the rest of this forum to see what's all on here, and become a better rider with some tips I may come across. 

Thanks! 

Edited by MT07noob
Added photo

• Global Moderator

Welcome noob

....feel kinda bad with that but meh

If you've got any questions/concerns were happy to help you out. This place is a welcome place for all

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Always happy to welcome another FZ/MT rider to the forum, especially a fellow Canadian! 

As far as your exhaust concerns I was in the same bought this season when making the decision to put the Yoshi R77 on my bike, thinking maybe at highway speeds when the bike is sitting around 5000RPM that it might be too obnoxious. However after putting 3000km on the bike this season I don't find it as noticeable as I initially thought. Yes, it is noticeably louder at highway speeds but I don't find it any worse than the wind noise my helmet produces.

For the extra grins the exhaust produces during town riding/commuting and backroad trips if find it totally worth it if I have to put up with a bit of a drone on the highway and I try to wear earplugs anyway for longer trips for the wind noise. 

I also recommend the Yosh pipe in general as it was $300 cheaper for me when I bought mine compared to the Akra and I love the sound! Not sure what the prices are like now however.

Hope my contribution can help, and once again, welcome to the community!

• Like 1

Welcome and congrats! I would recommend the Akr Ti with db killer in long before I would a Yosh R77 with db killer in. It starts out almost as quiet as the stock pipe but a little deeper resonance, a little more thump and it's pleasant. you might not even hear it initially it's so quiet. After some time it becomes a little louder but even more pleasant because now you can hear it much better but it's still very subdued. @DewMan has one and we ride together so I hear it all the time. It shouldn't bother you at all. I have the Akra carbon fiber with a patched hole on it. Hasn't been the same since the hole but before then it was pretty nice with the db killer in. A little louder than the Ti but it was never obnoxious. You barely noticed it when cruising at any speed. My next pipe will be the Akra Ti. 

• Like 1

Beemer

Thank you for the replies that is great feedback to help with my decision, and super glad to be here. I’ll consider the pipes over the dreaded winter ahead, I’ll probably break down and get one soon haha. 

I have the M4 slip-on and would highly recommend against it if you want something more subdued 😂 She's loud.

• Like 1

NRWhiteKnight

Welcome to the group!!!!

• Like 1

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.