The MT-07 Forum

Rearsets?

persydonkers

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

The VM 2.5 has more adjust-ability and includes brake light switch than the woodcraft for the same price (Sportbikes4hire.com) which someone on these forums has installed.  I chose to go with the 3.5 because at the time it was not much more expensive ~$60-75 over the 2.5 and offered the most options to adjust.  I was having some issues with the stock position bothering my knee/ankle on longer rides.  School is starting back up soon, so perhaps as we get into later months of the year I can get out for some lengthier rides and give a proper write-up.  One downside is that any replacement parts may be pricier than woodcraft and will likely be shipped direct from Italy so could be week(s) delivery versus a few days for the more well known/stocked woodcraft.

If I wanted something that fit a budget and I wasn't such a picky person with regards to an exact/perfect position, then those Lextek that @vcyclenut has seem like a steal.  I really was just worried about paying good money and still not getting the fit "perfect" for me which led me to spend more for the VM3.5.  I also plan to keep the bike "for life", so the extra $pent isn't much considering lifetime ownership. 

Annoying how "perfect" and "cheap" rarely intersect huh? 😁

• Haha 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

14 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Annoying how "perfect" and "cheap" rarely intersect huh? 😁

Faults of a perfectionists's personality...  As the saying goes...  I am not a hard man to please, I am easily satisfied with the best. 🤷‍♂️ 😖

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Not sure if LighTech makes Rearsets for the 07, but I sure do enjoy them on my FZ1.  While the Woodcrafts are great Rearsets for the dollar, they can eat up your boots with the knurl on the shift lever.

SigSide.jpg