The MT-07 Forum

2017 FZ07 Solo Ride | Couple new mods and ride photo.

RexLeoRyan

Yo fz-oh-heavens dot org

Flashed ECU on Monday with the "Graves" flash.

Dropped in my Stage 2 DNA and Comfort seat today....

The front wheel comes off the ground easier than ever and my @$$ feels great after 3 hours of riding.

Also, some homies here got me off the 94 sauce onto the 91, I didn't think I would say this but throttle response is "sharper"? Is that proper bike lingo's...?

*Throws biker to biker respect hand signal*

Seat.png

Filter.png

Sounds like the Comfort seat is definite must-have for long-range cruising on our bikes! I will be taking off for a 1600km ride across Newfoundland and along the Cabot trail in Nova Scotia in August but unfortunately won't be able to make a seat upgrade before then. It is probably the next on my upgrade list though. Sounds like the comfort seat is probably the best option! Glad to hear another rider happy with it!

As for the 94 vs. 91 octane we aren't blessed with the high test up here in the great white north so I've never had the chance to even try!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, keiver12 said:

Sounds like the Comfort seat is definite must-have for long-range cruising on our bikes! I will be taking off for a 1600km ride across Newfoundland and along the Cabot trail in Nova Scotia in August but unfortunately won't be able to make a seat upgrade before then. It is probably the next on my upgrade list though. Sounds like the comfort seat is probably the best option! Glad to hear another rider happy with it!

As for the 94 vs. 91 octane we aren't blessed with the high test up here in the great white north so I've never had the chance to even try!

That or the mustang I've read is amazing. The comfort seat I can ride for 2+ hours with minimal discomfort, in it's defense it still has a "break in" period. Great seat, I'm happy with it, stitching looks sweet to.

I have to ask, is the gel they use in the Yamaha comfort seat the "liquid polymer" type gel? It's the type of gel that feels like it has water inside of it but doesn't and doesn't leak if cut. Thanks!

Beemer

8 hours ago, RexLeoRyan said:

That or the mustang I've read is amazing. The comfort seat I can ride for 2+ hours with minimal discomfort, in it's defense it still has a "break in" period. Great seat, I'm happy with it, stitching looks sweet to.

Yes by far the best looking option! Cant wait to get one

• Premium Member

Yamaha comfort seat is just harder foam than stock with about a 2in wide trench down the middle of the seat where ones "bits/bit" goes, with soft OEM foam... I sold it as the Seat Concepts was a far better solution... 

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

10 hours ago, Beemer said:

I have to ask, is the gel they use in the Yamaha comfort seat the "liquid polymer" type gel? It's the type of gel that feels like it has water inside of it but doesn't and doesn't leak if cut. Thanks!

NorCal nailed it. It’s actually a harder foam than the original which at first I was disappointed and worried it would be worse. Turns out it’s much better, not sure of the science there... It’s 100% foam, vinyl and plastic, there’s not gel. 

9 hours ago, RexLeoRyan said:

NorCal nailed it. It’s actually a harder foam than the original which at first I was disappointed and worried it would be worse. Turns out it’s much better, not sure of the science there... It’s 100% foam, vinyl and plastic, there’s not gel. 

My bad, I mistook the Luimoto seat cover for the Yamaha comfort seat, the Luimoto comes with a gel pad but I found out it's super thin so never mind anyway.

• Like 1

Beemer