The MT-07 Forum

2015 R1

scordiaboy515

• Global Moderator

Wow, Yamaha sure has a strong line up. The new R1, R3 and FJ-09 along with all the other models should have something for everyone. I am looking forward to seeing them on the showroom floor.

scordiaboy515
Makes me miss track days...not that I ever rode quite like that.
     at my age I have nothing to prove, having said that......the FZ-07 will be a great track day bike for the average rider, myself included....tires and a little suspension work and you will have a very competent track bike 8-) 

• Premium Member
Cool dash  ::) 
dash.gif

Haha nice gif! +1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

The r1 is pretty nice! Although they could have done a better job with the exhaust. IMO they should have kept the exhaust design it had before. Everything else looks pretty pimp tho.

Nice bike but not a need or want for me. I got the fz07 because it is enough for me. I am happy it is enough because we all know what happens with the need for more.

scordiaboy515
The r1 is pretty nice! Although they could have done a better job with the exhaust. IMO they should have kept the exhaust design it had before. Everything else looks pretty pimp tho.
   I agree....but just as in our bike, it will be the first thing to go 8-) 

• Premium Member
Am I the only one actually kind of hoping for the 3 cylinder R1 and R6? I think those wouls have been awesome.

Nope, I'd love to see that as well, but not for the R1. Looks like Yamaha already got their new R1 sorted. I'd love to see them rework the FZ-09 motor and throw it in a super middleweight and call it the R8 or R9 :)

Makes me miss track days...not that I ever rode quite like that.
     at my age I have nothing to prove, having said that......the FZ-07 will be a great track day bike for the average rider, myself included....tires and a little suspension work and you will have a very competent track bike 8-)

Wholeheartedly agree. I did just that and the bike was a ton of fun on the track. Still some more tinkering left to do and then I'l call it done :)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

cool bike, and love the looks. exhaust could have been done better. not to mention this bike isn't feasible at all for me. no tracks anywhere near me, so i pretty much could never use the bike like it is meant to be.

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

Ok, I know we are Yamaha people here, but I have to admit, I really am liking the Honda RC213V-S.. It is pretty cool IMHO..

Ok, I know we are Yamaha people here, but I have to admit, I really am liking the Honda RC213V-S.. It is pretty cool IMHO..
Most of us are people that like bikes and our current one happens to be great.  I'm not digging the RC213V-S, just personal taste.

scordiaboy515
Most of us are people that like bikes and our current one happens to be great.  I'm not digging the RC213V-S, just personal taste.
    Agree, but  It's all good :) 

Don't get me wrong, I love my FZ-07 and I wouldn't trade it for anything, including that. I'm just saying, I wouldn't mind having both of those bikes in my garage.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Don't get me wrong, I love my FZ-07 and I wouldn't trade it for anything, including that. I'm just saying, I wouldn't mind having both of those bikes in my garage.
It's quite all right to practice motorcycle polygamy. In fact, I think m/c's are like cats - you can't have just one! There are 4 in our garage.  8-)

Illegitimi non carborundum

Guest August BB

On one side of the design spectrum, there is the jagged Kawasaki H2, on the other side, the round Honda RC213V-S, and then right smack in the middle is the Yamaha R1. I find that interesting.

Archived