Custom rear LED lighting
12 volt outlet
Electric jacket with plug in electric gloves
Controller with separate temperature controls

No rides until I have cash in hand.

20190714_134032.jpg

The windscreen is for a

Puig Touring Windscreen Honda CB500X 2013-201

I liked the style of it with the bends and shape it seemed to match the lines of the bike so I made a custom mount for it.

BTW: It does a great job.

Edited by pegasus46
Just wanted to add a comment about the windscreen.

I just thought that I might add that this is my favorite bike of all times. If I would be able to keep it I would probably do something with the suspension  to keep it from wallowing in high speed corners and that's it. The only reason that I am selling the bike (and all the other stuff) is that next month I am moving to the Philippines. I wanted to take the bike but it was going to cost $3000 to ship which was ok BUT the customs duties was going to be $10,000.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, pegasus46 said:

s1.jpg

Link to those Highway pegs please?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

21 hours ago, pegasus46 said:

The windscreen is for a

Puig Touring Windscreen Honda CB500X 2013-201 

I liked the style of it with the bends and shape it seemed to match the lines of the bike so I made a custom mount for it.

BTW: It does a great job.

Thanks. Really like the screen and highway pegs

• Like 1

Those are cheap highway pegs that most shops will have on a rack.

In order to mount them I used a threaded rod through engine front lugs. I had to move the radiator overflow bottle (made a new one) to allow the peg to mount on the left side. I have an artificial hip so it sure helps to stretch on long trips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

I gave my house there in Missouri to my son and have moved to the Philippines. Before I left I signed the title so that he could sell it for me. I have no idea what to ask for it during this lock down virus f****** up time that we are living in now so if anyone wants to make me a reasonable offer it can be yours cheap.

As an aside, the first thing I did upon moving here was to buy a 2019 Kawasaki Z400 ABS. I later bought a house on the island of Bohol and am currently finishing up a garage renewal for my shop. No more damn winters hehe.

Oh yeah, today July 4th is my birthday....76 years young and still ride like the wind.

• Like 5

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I can't speak for all markets, but in the midwest that bike is worth around $5K. I'm not a "troll", I'm a friend.... My best advise is pull the aftermarket stuff, list it on eBay, or even this forum. I've always made out much better on bikes by removing aftermarket "goodies" and sell them separate. List that bike "stock" for just under $5K, and I think it would sell. Unfortunately, all your aftermarket stuff (nice as it is), doesn't mean much to most buyers. I'm not trying to be an a$$, I'm trying to be a friend. I've been buying/selling bikes for over 30 years. Good luck with the new chapter in your life! Sounds REALLY fun!

• Like 2

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Agree with cornerslider 100%.

I have a bike in getting ready to sell with lots of desirable aftermarket parts on it. I'm gonna list it with a high price for about a week to see if I get lucky, but I'll be peeling all three good stuff off to sell separately. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to add value to the bike like we hope it does. 

I would tell your son to approach a local dealer and see if it could be consigned and for how much.   It seems a lot of dealers around the country are doing fairly well.  The dealer I buy my parts from said things were good, but now the problem is hitting some pinch in inventory since the bike manufacturers had closed down during the pandemic.      

Can't hurt to see.

Edited by klx678

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.