The MT-07 Forum

Need a track bike. What to do?

phanomenal07

phanomenal07

So my Daytona 675 was recently stolen from outside my apartment. My original plan was to turn my fz into a scrambler but now I need a track bike. I will be buying another bike. So my question is should I turn the fz into a track bike And buy another rode/ dirt bike (ducati scrambler/crf250 rally) or should I continue the scrambler build and buy another sport/track bike? (Probably another675) just wondering what y'all would do

Well my FZ is my daily so in my situation I'd buy a SS as a dedicated track bike.  I'm sure your situation differs, whatever route you go build with purpose

Most of these new scramblers are not dirt bikes, they are street bikes with the barest pretentions of some small amount of dirt capability. Like maybe up and down my gravel driveway. I do like the Ducati Scramblers, but with exception of the Desert Sled, I doublr would be happy much beyond my gravel driveway. My Street Triple can make it so I suppose they can. 

Get you a track bike or get you a cool scrambler or get you a big dual sport, leave the FZ alone unless you want it to be your track bike.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
4 hours ago, mossrider said:

If I had even the tiniest of reasons to I would.....

Get one of these.

Damnit dave

How do you always make me want to spend money

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

Oh, and  sorry to hear about the bike disappearing dude

Get an r3, cheap to run and a bunch of fun on the track

7 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

So my Daytona 675 was recently stolen from outside my apartment. My original plan was to turn my fz into a scrambler but now I need a track bike. I will be buying another bike. So my question is should I turn the fz into a track bike And buy another rode/ dirt bike (ducati scrambler/crf250 rally) or should I continue the scrambler build and buy another sport/track bike? (Probably another675) just wondering what y'all would do

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Just now, sorkyah said:

Damnit dave

The importer & North American distributor, Joe, is a great guy and a good friend. He'll do ya one hella deal. New, used, parts, service all great. I've never riden anything quite like these darn things. Straight up gp bike with the same price tag as my FZr.

Just sayin.  

Just now, sorkyah said:

Get an r3, cheap to run and a bunch of fun on the track

This is actually a good idea. A used R3 racebike wold cost around $3000 and will come with a complete list of go fast goodies and upgrades adding up to $6-7 thousand bucks worth of fun. Make a stupendous track day mount, last for years, easy on tires, cheap parts and tons of them.  

Hmm....

I say leave the poor FZ alone and find yourself a decent used bike like an older Yami SR500 that would make for a much better scrambler and an easier bike to transform. It's light, parts are cheap and plentiful, easy to work on and it begs to be morphed into a scrambler. I have a friend in Indiana who had one that he modded and transformed that bike into a beast. You'll keep you right leg in great shape, too! 😆

una-yamaha-sr500-scrambler_hd_79113.jpg

Beemer

cleverriver

I have some of the woodcraft adapter plate/clip ons I am getting rid of if you are interested. Comes with brand new bolts, and gen 2 adapter plate, never mounted.