The MT-07 Forum

2016 MT07 used, is it a good deal or no?

Virtualself

Virtualself

Hey! Long time lurker first time post, I’ve been looking at motorcycles for years now, obviously specifically the mt07, something about the bike just draws me to it. ANYWAYS, 

i live in canada, and I was looking on Kijiji for used mt07s and I saw one that really caught my eye, all black 2016 MT07 with full yoshi exhaust, fender eliminator, front and rear LED turn signals, Short MT-07 Clutch and Brake Lever, MT-07 Radiator Cover, FZ-07 Radiator Side Guard, MT-07 Coolant Cover, Belly Pan, FZ-07 Chain Guard, Yamaha Sign Brake Fluid Cover. With almost 14k kilometres, roughly 8700 miles. But their asking price is $6,999 CAD, lowest price they’re willing to go is 6,600 CAD, is this a good deal? Or should I try to ask him if he can lower it. I’m just torn cause there are other ads with $100 lower (I know it’s only a $100 lmao) but also with lower mileage. (Also for got to mention the 2016 black mt07 was dropped with slight scuff to the tank and bar end) 

Cause there are other ads for a 2016 asking for 6500 CAD grey/neon yellow color with 7100 kilometres (4400 miles) with “Acraprovik carbon exhaust, K&N air intake, Power Commander programed for exhaust and filter,Yoshimura fender eliminator, R6 throttle tube, Bar end mirrors, Custom grips, Aluminum semi windscreen, LED headlights and turn signals, Steel Braided brake lines, Ajustable shorty clutch and brake levers, Steel radiator guard” 

& 2018 grey/neon yello color with 9800km (6100 miles) also asking for 6500 CAD firm, with “Full Two brothers s1r black carbon exhaust with a Power commander , Puig sport windscreen ,levers, bar end mirrors , LED signal lights , led park lights /silver star bulb , R&G axle sliders and frame protectors , TST industries adjustable fender eliminator” 

pros on this forum, pls help! :( 

Edited by Virtualself
Forgot to include information

Ok lurker, here it comes. Judging from the length of your post;             

A. You've obviously done your research so you know what you like, what you want and what the deals are in your area.        2. You're overthinking this whole thing, gawking at the flock.                                                                                                                                                   

It's time to make a decision. Pick a solid deal  (and not cause it's got nice rim stickers), get it and never look back or second guess yourself. You'll have a ball. Just start eliminating them based on your list. If you tell yourself 'this is a nice one but' stop right there and cross that one from the list. Get the one you want and stop vacillating.

Come on in, we're all enjoying our FZ/MT's without you!

😀

• Like 3

It sounds to me like either bike is worth having and you probably feel that way too or you wouldn't be hyped up about them but if it were me I would check KBB on the prices and do some old fashioned horse trading and tell them both about the other seller's bike and pit them against one another. Don't be timid, let them know you mean business and tell them both you are buying a bike by tomorrow and that you will buy the one from the person that offers the best deal by the end of day tomorrow and that those are your final terms, period! If they're motivated to sell they will stop playing stubborn Nilly and come down closer to what is usually a more fair price. If they don't budge off what is probably too high a price (so I'm assuming, haven't seen KBB) they can just enjoy looking at it as it sits and depreciates. 

Curious, have you checked KBB?

Beemer

Not to cloud your decision making but I was looking for a while also and finally found a good deal (for me). I was looking at bone stock bikes because a good part of the fun for me is doing my own mods that I want. I ended up finding a 2017 with 3800 miles on it that needed a little work. Went back and forth with seller for a couple of days and ended picking it up just under 4K. 

It needs all the maintenance and new handle bars, radiator side cover and new lever but that’s about it. I have already bought a bunch of mods and waiting for them to get here to install. 

It took due diligence and patience to find the right deal for me but here in Michigan the deals only get better towards the end of “riding season”. Just my .02

Good Luck!

All seem like a decent deal, personally I would not choose a dropped bike if there were other good options (there seems to be in your case). The 2018 sounds like my pick from the bunch. But for refernece, I bought my bone stock 2016 for $5995 CAD with 4500km on it and that's just because I'm like @1tondriver and really wanted to do the mods myself and see the progression of my bike as I owned it and rode it, even if that's not the most cost-effective way. 

Regardless of which option you pick you're going to love it!

22 minutes ago, keiver12 said:

All seem like a decent deal, personally I would not choose a dropped bike if there were other good options (there seems to be in your case). The 2018 sounds like my pick from the bunch. But for refernece, I bought my bone stock 2016 for $5995 CAD with 4500km on it and that's just because I'm like @1tondriver and really wanted to do the mods myself and see the progression of my bike as I owned it and rode it, even if that's not the most cost-effective way. 

Regardless of which option you pick you're going to love it!

For clarification the bike “tipped over” in the garage. Landed on handlebars and cracking the plastic cove. No “rash” due to sliding. Like K12 said, you can’t go wrong.