The MT-07 Forum

Crashed Bike - Need some parts and guidance

ace2799

So, I crashed the bike. Need a new handlebar and a brake light switch but don't even know where to start. Can I get some assistance. If you need pictures ill post them.

Edit: Also wanted to add front and rear brake light switch doesn't work.

Edited by ace2799
Adding info

From the sound of it you're OK, are you OK? From the pics it looks like you had a simple low side crash, bummer!

• Thanks 1

Beemer

13 hours ago, ace2799 said:

Yep im good! Got the new handle bar.

What handlebar did you get, stock?

Beemer

I got pro tapers since I'm 6 ft tall. It'll put me in a more aggressive stance. My only problem at the moment is trying to put my clutch holder in the bar itself. I ended up breaking it and had to buy a new one. The plan now is to sand down the inner diameter so it can be a bit bigger and using the set screw to hold it in place unless you have any other ideas.

Edited by ace2799
Grammar

• Premium Member
cornerslider
54 minutes ago, ace2799 said:

I got pro tapers since I'm 6 ft tall. It'll put me in a more aggressive stance. My only problem at the moment is trying to put my clutch holder in the bar itself. I ended up breaking it and had to buy a new one. The plan now is to sand down the inner diameter so it can be a bit bigger and using the set screw to hold it in place unless you have any other ideas.

Maybe too late, but a lot of people here run the Renthal "Ultra-Low" bars (myself included). They're really easy to install. They are about 2 inches lower, and about 1-1/2" wider. All the control cables fit like they are OEM. Might want to give them a look?

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/18/2019 at 8:13 PM, cornerslider said:

Maybe too late, but a lot of people here run the Renthal "Ultra-Low" bars (myself included). They're really easy to install. They are about 2 inches lower, and about 1-1/2" wider. All the control cables fit like they are OEM. Might want to give them a look?

ill give it a buy 

• Like 1