The MT-07 Forum

Speedometer falling apart

michigan400

michigan400

Anyone else seen this or am I the lucky one? Looks like the gauge has a protective clear layer over it and mine seems to starting to peel off. Not impressed. All white around 1/2 of it.

20190714_110648.jpg

• Premium Member

What're you cleaning it with?  I've had no issue with mine. But it's garage kept and only have 6k miles on it.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Yeah, DewMan might be on to something as plastics turn white like that when you clean them with chemicals you're not supposed to be using on them. I think even isopropyl alcohol does this.

• Like 1

michigan400

It did it since last night. Only thing I can think of is I splashed gas on it last night when I filled up and didn't notice. 

I spray windex on to a rag then wipe it down when I do clean it. Maybe 3 times a year. Lol! Bike is always sheltered and kept dry. Direct sunlight on it only when I'm riding. Gas splash was all I could think of. Oh well. Everything works,,, just looks funky.

14 hours ago, michigan400 said:

It did it since last night. Only thing I can think of is I splashed gas on it last night when I filled up and didn't notice. 

I spray windex on to a rag then wipe it down when I do clean it. Maybe 3 times a year. Lol! Bike is always sheltered and kept dry. Direct sunlight on it only when I'm riding. Gas splash was all I could think of. Oh well. Everything works,,, just looks funky.

Gas will do it! Sorry about your luck and I was going to shoot you a amazon link for a display cover I'd bought for mine but it says it is out of stock and they don't know when OR IF they will ever be. They came in Fluorescent Green, blue and smoke. I'll give you the link anyway in case they do restock and you want one. It might help to cover up the flaws a little. I'm putting up another link for a display cover that's just a film, unlike the thick, hard plastic cover from amazon. GL and remember, always be careful with ass.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QFF4XVJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

s-l400.jpg

For YAMAHA MT07 FZ07 MT-07 2015-2017. Material: TPU.

Beemer

Ammonia in Windex is bad for some plastics like polycarbonates used in windshields.  It will ruin it with a fog like appearance.

Edited by Grant31781