SubStation

Which main stand?

SubStation

A quick search reveals two types of centre stand available for the MT07.

SW Motech and Hepco & Becker.

Has anybody any experience of either of these with regard to ground clearance, weight, durability of finish or anything else you

may consider important?

Sorry if this has been asked already.

Zephyr

I believe that there has been a number of posts related to them.  I personally have the Motech version and chose it because it was known to be compatible with the aftermarket exhaust I installed.  I love the stand and have had zero clearance issues.  I don't "off road" my bike, so if you're taking yours down trails, etc then perhaps it could be an issue.

SubStation
3 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I believe that there has been a number of posts related to them.  I personally have the Motech version and chose it because it was known to be compatible with the aftermarket exhaust I installed.  I love the stand and have had zero clearance issues.  I don't "off road" my bike, so if you're taking yours down trails, etc then perhaps it could be an issue.

OK thanks.

I didn't consider compatibility with after market exhausts.

Something to consider

DewMan

I'm not aware of anyone using the H&B centerstand.

I've seen many here that have gotten the SW Motech, myself included. Even the SW Motech can have issues on clearance with certain exhausts but I have no clearance issue using it with the Akra Ti exhaust.

Good luck.  👍

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

bugeyes
8 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I second that completely.

I have used the motech stand 3 years no issues, choose it because it was the only option then.

It works with my Acra Ti but som other aftermarket cans will collide with it so that needs to be checked.

ElGonzales

Have the SW-Motech since April 2018. No problems, good quality until now. I use it a lot for maintenance and saving space in the garage or parking lot