The MT-07 Forum

Just installed these, are they too big? Not sure how I feel about them. What are your thoughts guys ?

The mirrors?  They look fine from this angle.  Can you see behind you better than the OEM's?  If they bother you, then swap them out with something you like better.  Nothing worse than something that nags at you all the time. Ok, there's lots of things worse - like being on fire for instance.

If it's something else you're talking about, apparently it's fine because I don't notice anything that looks off at all.

And I do like that blue.

8 minutes ago, rider said:

The mirrors?  They look fine from this angle.  Can you see behind you better than the OEM's?  If they bother you, then swap them out with something you like better.  Nothing worse than something that nags at you all the time. Ok, there's lots of things worse - like being on fire for instance.

If it's something else you're talking about, apparently it's fine because I don't notice anything that looks off at all.

And I do like that blue.

Yeah, the mirrors, completely forgot to say what "these" was referring to haha. From the "typical" bar-end mirrors I've seen, these are definitely on a bigger scale, hence my concern. I like them though.

I can see behind me, not as good as stock though.

FZ07R WaNaB
48 minutes ago, rylark said:

not as good as stock though

I'm confused.... seeing that the stock ones suck, why did you put those on your FZ?

I use the stock ones with extenders and blind-spot mirrors and mine work great!

IMG_1303.JPG

• Like 3

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, rylark said:

I can see behind me, not as good as stock though. 

If you flip the mirrors outward they'll work a lot better. Though they might not look as "cool".

• Like 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

11 minutes ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

I'm confused.... seeing that the stock ones suck, why did you put those on your FZ?

I use the stock ones with extenders and blind-spot mirrors and mine work great!

IMG_1303.JPG

Because I love the look of bar-end mirrors. I can still see behind me just fine, but that extender is not a bad idea at all !

10 minutes ago, DewMan said:

If you flip the mirrors outward they'll work a lot better. Though they might not look as "cool".

Yeah.. they look completely hideous like that due to their size.IMG_20190704_121513.thumb.jpg.42ac2ed6d833c291f864c476afd44777.jpg

They may look different but they make sense that way if you think about it, they extend out like they should so you can see around your arm and see behind and to the side better. I see people with those flipped upside down (hanging underneath the grip) where their arm has to be blocking their view somewhat but they won't change that either because they're worried about it not looking as cool. Not saying you're one of them because you got new mirrors to improve your visibility. Question: are they convex mirrors or standard glass because if they're not convex you should get some. They would make a huge improvement as to what you can see around you. GL!

• Like 1

Beemer

• Global Moderator

@rylark, which mirrors are those?  I am considering bar end mirrors for my bike, but also think those ones may be just a bit too large. 

Personally I don't think that they are too big, not bigger than stock to my eye.  I would mount then to give you the best view, not per how they look.  The way I figure is that I'm riding the thing and I care about what I can see (in the mirrors) more than what the bike looks like when I'm not on it.  Personally I don't think many people give two cents worth of their time admiring or disliking the bike save for other moto enthusiasts.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:28 PM, Zephyr said:

Personally I don't think that they are too big, not bigger than stock to my eye.  I would mount then to give you the best view, not per how they look.  The way I figure is that I'm riding the thing and I care about what I can see (in the mirrors) more than what the bike looks like when I'm not on it.  Personally I don't think many people give two cents worth of their time admiring or disliking the bike save for other moto enthusiasts.

Agreed, I don't think very many really care. The only ones that matter to me admiring my bike, because I get a kick out of them, are the kids. They are the ones that I enjoy when they admire your bike. You turn your head at a stop light to see their little faces plastered to the window with big eyes looking all amazed at this wonderful two wheeled machine that braps! You feel like you're in center ring at a three ring circus, you have all their attention. When you wave they just bust out with the biggest smiles and start jumping in their seats. That makes my day every time.

• Like 1

Beemer

At first I though wow those are big! Now looking at the picture a few times I think they look fine. I like mirrors that I can see in easily. Those small bar end mirrors that sit near the bars look cool however I don't see them being that great for checking behind. I still have the stock mirrors. They work well for me.

Yeah most adults will not see you or the bike! That is why I wear hiviz yellow helmet , jacket and gloves.  I like the look of it personally.  I know some don't.