The MT-07 Forum

On the cheap upgrade seat

Kyuzo

Im about 6' with shoes on and my seat seems a little low. So I picked up a yoga mat thats about 3/8" thick and cut it to my seats shape like you would like a insole for your shoe. Im presntly using two pieces (theres probably enough to make at least 5 or six pieces) about (3/4" inch total )and zip tied to my seat. It works really good! I got my yoga mat at Walmart $15 on sale. Its closed cell foam so it water proof. My only gripe is that its blue. Im looking for black. Anyways if you need to test seat height if you are on the taller side this is a cheap way to figure it out then once you lock it in you can customize your seat by your self or through a custom company... 

Edited by Kyuzo
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
Wintersdark

This is a pretty good idea.  I've been contemplating having my seat refinished (2018; there's basically no aftermarket options yet) and raised a fair bit with extra padding.  I do 500-1000km days fairly frequently, and the stock seat is pretty hard on the rear... But I was unsure how it'd look and feel if it was a bit higher.  Layering on yoga mat foam is a damn good way to test that out, try out different shaping, etc.  

Thanks for the idea :)