The MT-07 Forum

K-Tech Razor Lite ??

R6-FZ07

Hello.  I'm thinking about upgrading the rear suspension.  Obviously the k-tech would be better than stock.  Mainly used for commuting and canyons.

Anybody chime in with the razor lite.

Should I just wait and get the ktech razor-r?

Thanks,

Edited by R6-FZ07
insert k-tech

• 2 weeks later...
stickshift

The Razor Lite is a great quality shock and offers lots of adjustability for the price. Unless you’re racing you really don’t need the benefits a remote reservoir can give.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think I am going to pull the trigger on this shock today. This will be my last mod. 😛

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

This will be my last mod. 😛

😀😁😂

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

So after doing a lot of research, I really boiled it down to this Razor R Lite. How are you guys liking that rear shock after last summer and for those of you who get to ride all winter? In addition, I'll be attempting the "80% front fork mod" that has been recommended by Dave Moss. That is, replace the fork oil with Bel Ray 15 or 20w to increase damping, trim the spacer 10mm to allow more travel, and if needed, slide the triple tree down the forks 5-8mm to balance the frame laterally. 

Is there a specific spring rate for body weight or overall weight+gear? I'm 185 = ~15 gear, so right around 200lbs total. 

Also, is there a group buy or "Coronavirus Discount" for this Razor R Lite shock? 
I think the color of the red/yellow would match the Akra Ti sticker well. That Ohlins bright YELLOW looks way off, despite the quality machining.

Thanks for any help. Ride safe! 

Scott

CBBN5539.JPG

• Like 1

• Premium Member

"Coronavirus Duscount", yah, buy now while supplies last.   They are made in the UK, not sure if their factory is shut down or not.  

• Sad 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

2 hours ago, FNGFZ07Rider said:

I’m with you if there is gonna be a COVID group buy on the R lite.   

Do we know who the Forum Vendor is for K-Tech? I messaged Pattonme but to no avail. Hope he's alright.

The Razor lite is great, make sure you get the spring set for your weight.

For the front I'm not a fan of blindly following Dave Moss. Far to many variables for all bikes to just go and cut their spacers. Makes no sense, the springs are too weak except for an 8 year old girl and your going to take preload away?

For my front I got new heavier springs set to my weight and thicker oil.

• Like 1

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I believe the forum vendor Bellissimoto is an authorized K-tech dealer and an excellent vendor on this forum. They are in the supporting vendor section of this forum.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
cornerslider
3 hours ago, peteinpa said:

The Razor lite is great, make sure you get the spring set for your weight.

For the front I'm not a fan of blindly following Dave Moss. Far to many variables for all bikes to just go and cut their spacers. Makes no sense, the springs are too weak except for an 8 year old girl and your going to take preload away?

For my front I got new heavier springs set to my weight and thicker oil.

I agree with the quoted post......I have the K-Tech Razor "lite" on my R3. It's plenty good for street riding, or even "aggressive" street riding. I have the Razor "R" on my FZ-07 for track duty.

I would advise upgrading your front end (without going broke). I made a post a while back called "DIY front end" in the how-to section. You can make HUGE gains for an outlay of about $300. Once you upgrade the rear, it will show you just how "bad" the front end is..... Hope that helps you out-

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Eastern Kayaker said:

I believe the forum vendor Bellissimoto is an authorized K-tech dealer and an excellent vendor on this forum. They are in the supporting vendor section of this forum.

Yep, BellissiMoto is a vendor for K-Tech!

Hit them up and see what they can do for you.  You won't be disappointed!

I can "personally" guarantee it!

:)

- Paul

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

FZ07R WaNaB
On 3/22/2020 at 11:51 PM, skawdee said:

I messaged Pattonme but to no avail. Hope he's alright.

Matt is a buddy of mine, and he is doing fine. His real job had gotten too much for him, and as a result he had to step back from all the suspension work. I was talking with him the other day about the forums, and he really didn't know when he may get back into it.

• Like 1