The MT-07 Forum

Possibly Going Down A Windy Bumpy Path

BrofessorJones

BrofessorJones

Hey All,

New to the forum here, have creeped around for a bit without making an account....mostly over on the  racetalk section of the forum.

Don't have a FZ yet but I've been mulling around the idea of selling my zx6 track bike  over fall/winter to build an FZ07R at a slow snails budget pace.

I've been doing trackdays but am wanting to move into the racing side of the world, at least one or two for next year.  My main catalyst for looking at the FZ07 has been two-fold:

One-I'm not sure I want to jump into the 600 class amateur license scene

Two-I love lightweight bike builds, I have no idea why (see Kramer EVO)

I know I could go out and buy an already built SV, which is what an intelligent person would do, unfortunately I'm an idiot and I like dicking with my own stuff.  I took  my ZX6 from a nice road bike then sent it down the track and decided to just go full track build on it.

The goal would be to find a salvage/wrecked bike or someone who has one for sale with mods already done (suspension).  I'd be running CCS and would be following their SS build rules.  Based on the parts list/cost I've put together I would probably end up running the bike semi naked for the first year and just piecing together some bodywork .  

Anyone know what these bikes from a place like Copart are actually selling for?

Anyone familiar with CCS supersport rules who could provide some information about what modifications to airbox/intake are commonly done?

Is everyone using the AP shock link or is anyone running the new Altus Factory one?

For those who've done a track/race build what would you do different on these bikes?

Thanks in advance for any advice, hopefully I'll end up adding one of these to the stable!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BrofessorJones said:

Hey All,

New to the forum here, have creeped around for a bit without making an account....mostly over on the  racetalk section of the forum.

Don't have a FZ yet but I've been mulling around the idea of selling my zx6 track bike  over fall/winter to build an FZ07R at a slow snails budget pace.

I've been doing trackdays but am wanting to move into the racing side of the world, at least one or two for next year.  My main catalyst for looking at the FZ07 has been two-fold:

One-I'm not sure I want to jump into the 600 class amateur license scene

Two-I love lightweight bike builds, I have no idea why (see Kramer EVO)

I know I could go out and buy an already built SV, which is what an intelligent person would do, unfortunately I'm an idiot and I like dicking with my own stuff.  I took  my ZX6 from a nice road bike then sent it down the track and decided to just go full track build on it.

The goal would be to find a salvage/wrecked bike or someone who has one for sale with mods already done (suspension).  I'd be running CCS and would be following their SS build rules.  Based on the parts list/cost I've put together I would probably end up running the bike semi naked for the first year and just piecing together some bodywork .  

Anyone know what these bikes from a place like Copart are actually selling for?

Anyone familiar with CCS supersport rules who could provide some information about what modifications to airbox/intake are commonly done?

Is everyone using the AP shock link or is anyone running the new Altus Factory one?

For those who've done a track/race build what would you do different on these bikes?

Thanks in advance for any advice, hopefully I'll end up adding one of these to the stable!

Wellcome. And good luck.

First I would call this guy, 

logo.og.png

Nice straight bike with a full M4 Exhaust. 7700 miles, straight forks, frame, subframe, wheels. Bent handlebars, speedo lens is cracked but gauge is un...

He's got a salvage one for sale right now and has access to and can take orders for whatever you want. Many of my racing associates have used him and swear by him. No hidden fees, he handles the paperwork and shipping never an issue. Copart and some of the similar companies can run up fees and red tape quickly so do your homework before pulling the trigger. 

Second download CCS's rule book online and it'll answer all your questions.

CCS Racing - The Leading Motorcycle Road Racing Organization in America!

Gogokawi's thread documents a CCS build from a couple years ago. Follow it here,

There realy is no magic to building one, the recipe is pretty sorted by now. You have many options to choose from nowdays. Use the search feature of this forum, almost all your questions have been thuroughly covered at some point. Otherwise ask away. 

Here's a link to another build. This one is a CRA build but has been raced in CCS, WERA and MotoAmerica as well so complies with most rules packages.

I bought a pre-raced 2005 SV6550 from another racer two years ago and after campaigning it for two years in the CRA, I was struck with urge to build ...

Dave

• Like 1

BrofessorJones
15 hours ago, mossrider said:

Wellcome. And good luck.

First I would call this guy, 

logo.og.png

Nice straight bike with a full M4 Exhaust. 7700 miles, straight forks, frame, subframe, wheels. Bent handlebars, speedo lens is cracked but gauge is un...

He's got a salvage one for sale right now and has access to and can take orders for whatever you want. Many of my racing associates have used him and swear by him. No hidden fees, he handles the paperwork and shipping never an issue. Copart and some of the similar companies can run up fees and red tape quickly so do your homework before pulling the trigger. 

Second download CCS's rule book online and it'll answer all your questions.

CCS Racing - The Leading Motorcycle Road Racing Organization in America!

Gogokawi's thread documents a CCS build from a couple years ago. Follow it here,

There realy is no magic to building one, the recipe is pretty sorted by now. You have many options to choose from nowdays. Use the search feature of this forum, almost all your questions have been thuroughly covered at some point. Otherwise ask away. 

Here's a link to another build. This one is a CRA build but has been raced in CCS, WERA and MotoAmerica as well so complies with most rules packages.

I bought a pre-raced 2005 SV6550 from another racer two years ago and after campaigning it for two years in the CRA, I was struck with urge to build ...

Dave

Ah, yes I have seen him with a lot of wrecked bikes on the wera forum...good call.

Thanks for the other info, not sure how I missed the gogokawasaki build, thought I had seen them all! Funny enough I'm pretty sure I saw him at NJMP a couple weekends ago, didn't get a chance to find him in the pits.

Will definitely continue to search around on the forum, I'm an engineer by trade with a massive penchant for over research and over complication!

• Like 1