The MT-07 Forum

New Yamaha MT-07 spied in testing

intensity_white

topazsparrow

I'd be shocked to see much of a redesign so soon. Almost certainly just Euro 5 BS testing.

I wonder if the MT-10 will get a redesign though. It's gone without for a few years now and is the "flagship" naked bike.

Looks like a lot of sticky tape there. I hope underneath that the bike is hardly changed at all. I was never happy with the 09's new lights. 

Just do it! 

intensity_white

I also disagree with the article that this shows a new display cluster.  It seems like it may be a simple readout for diagnostic purposes (having to do with the silver pod near the clutch?)

The standard dash still seems to be right there, underneath.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

to me it looks like new exhaust testing to meet Euro5+ ... and a few slight cosmetic changes...

I suspect quite a few bikes will undergo new changes to meet Euro5... that could mean forced induction with/without smaller engines...

some may add "water/meth injection" or go diesel with DEF system...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Bigturbomax

I jist saw this earlier today and downloaded the pics so i could zoom in. The only obvious thing i could see is the addition of a 2nd catalytic converter. Expect the new model to be 4 lbs heavier lol

What kills me is they spend all this money putting this enviro-crap on the bikes and the first thing we do is pull it all off and throw it away. What if instead of smothering the engines causing us to remove the junk, the manufactuers could install systems we could live with albeit not as green but since we might be more likely to leave them in place, they would in fact be greener in the end. 

The end game here is the ruination of anything that is fun or dangerous which apparently is considered by bureaucrats, one and the same. 

The march of the bureaucrats is relentless.

BTW, the MCN website and cookies: I thought I would 'manage' mine. Pah! You have to switch off hundreds of spies. I started that and began to lose the will to live and switched off MCN instead.  Shame, really.

Just do it! 

9 hours ago, 3crows said:

What kills me is they spend all this money putting this enviro-crap on the bikes and the first thing we do is pull it all off and throw it away. What if instead of smothering the engines causing us to remove the junk, the manufactuers could install systems we could live with albeit not as green but since we might be more likely to leave them in place, they would in fact be greener in the end. 

The end game here is the ruination of anything that is fun or dangerous which apparently is considered by bureaucrats, one and the same. 

It's all about politics. They play the game and do their part and that's all they really care about. Call it job security. They're fully aware that people dump their crap and buy aftermarket but you never hear them complain about it. You have to ask yourself, are they really that concerned. Besides, it's a motorcycles, it just doesn't pollute much to begin with, the bunch of ninnies!

Beemer

They must be seen to be doing something or the people ask what they are doing about stuff.

Just do it! 

topazsparrow
12 hours ago, 3crows said:

Or we just make decent electric motorcycles more viable without huge exotic price tags.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the headlight, looks like they've finally used up their supply of old MT09 bits! I have a 2018 MT07 and don't mind the headlight, but would've preferred a more unique LED assembly- maybe not the current MT09/10 look, something interesting and different.

On 6/25/2019 at 10:51 AM, topazsparrow said:

Or we just make decent electric motorcycles more viable without huge exotic price tags.

Okay, let see, an electric motor is around 80% efficient, a gasoline engine is around 20% efficient, so far so good. But then we come to the reality, physics, which only God can circumvent, the capacity and charge rate, environmental cost and exotic, rare materials needed to make a battery currently or foreseeable that is even 1/100 the energy density per pound of gasoline. In order to get to anything approaching parity, not including the pre-pump or pre-charge, source to end consumption throughput costs, we will need a battery capacity that is quadruple what is seen over the horizon now. If I could flap my arms fast enough maybe I could fly to the moon, but then there is that physics and science stuff again getting in the way. "Decent" in that it does not expose itself, battery technology and EVAs, to reality, sure, I am for that.

• 2 weeks later...