The MT-07 Forum

19 MT07 in Ohio

wingbit

Hello all.

Picked up a new 2019 MT07 about two weeks ago. It's my first bike with any real power. About 10 years ago I had a ninja 250 briefly, then I got a honda grom this season to get myself back into riding and then decided to pick this up as my main bike. I plan on keeping it a long time since it's so versatile. 

I just clocked in 1k miles today and it's been a blast. Honestly, I made the mistake of only looking at the spec sheet saying it had 75hp and didn't realize how powerful this thing is in the real world. I was certainly surprised the first time I got on it in 1st and 2nd lol. I've also been very impressed with it's fuel economy. I'm averaging around 57 so far. I'm getting more and more used to it and as my skills improve, the bike becomes even more fun with every ride. The only thing I don't like so far is that it's a bit windy on the highway after about 70 (i know a windscreen can help with that) and the seating position has me just slightly too far forward. I've found it hurts my back a bit after extended rides. So I might be looking into a windscreen and possibly different handlebars someday. Anyway, Here are some pics in it's natural habitat: Ohio country roads! 

mt.jpg

mt2.jpg

mt3.jpg

Edited by wingbit
  • Like 6

Bigturbomax

Welcome! Wild looking bike. I havent seen those new wheels in person yet. Do they pop that much in real life? Cuz they look crazy/cool in photos. Stay safe and have fun

Welcome and congrats! What part of Oh. are you from? I don't see you on the member map.

Beemer

• Premium Member
Littlebriar

Nice bike! Welcome.

South Eastern Ohio has some of my favorite rides. The triple nickel (rt555) near Burr Oak State Park is one the best.

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan

On 6/24/2019 at 9:12 AM, Bigturbomax said:

Welcome! Wild looking bike. I havent seen those new wheels in person yet. Do they pop that much in real life? Cuz they look crazy/cool in photos. Stay safe and have fun

Yup they are pretty bright, but I like the color scheme a lot. Plus it's just one more thing to hopefully get drivers to notice me. 

On 6/24/2019 at 9:31 AM, Beemer said:

Welcome and congrats! What part of Oh. are you from? I don't see you on the member map.

Central Ohio.

On 6/24/2019 at 10:58 AM, Littlebriar said:

Nice bike! Welcome.

South Eastern Ohio has some of my favorite rides. The triple nickel (rt555) near Burr Oak State Park is one the best.

Haven't made it south much yet, I will have to keep that in mind..

Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wingbit said:

Central Ohio.

I guess that narrows it down. lol!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Probably lives next door to HORDPOWER 😁

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

On 6/26/2019 at 5:45 PM, babu719 said:

Welcome! Central OH rider here too!

On 6/27/2019 at 7:21 PM, tangodelta3 said:

Central oh rider here as well. Welcome and congrats on a beautiful ride. 

Thank you and see you guys around! 

On 6/27/2019 at 7:22 PM, tangodelta3 said:

Is that buckeye lake in the first picture?

Scioto river, I ride the roads near it often!