Sign in to follow this  
effzee07

Uh Oh.....I may have caused a boo boo on my FZ

effzee07
So it was freezing the other day, but i was amped up to get my new bar end mirrors on.....so i bundle up and head outside. I check for the right size wrench/key for the removal of my factor bar ends. I went to loosen it and like a knife thru hot butter, it just completely stripped.

Do I drill it out? Will I damage something if I do? Is there any other way to get the bar end off?

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

Guest unknown
You may be able to use some vice grips on the outside of it to loosen it. or a small monkey wrench may work.

oscardms
There are two different sized hex bolts that fit in the bar end. Easy to strip the smaller size. But pretty hard to strip the bigger sized fitting. Used the bigger size.
  • Like 2

cassecou
There are two different sized hex bolts that fit in the bar end. Easy to strip the smaller size. But pretty hard to strip the bigger sized fitting. Used the bigger size.
Yea, that should work. 

HatGuysFriend
Yah I did that too. Started stripping that small inner spot. I don't understand why it is there. To get the bar end off you need a big ol' allen key.

Yamaha FZ-07 '15
Honda Shadow VT750DC '06 - for sale
Kawasaki Ninja 250r '08 - for sale
Previous Bikes:
Kawasaki Eliminator 125 '06

trebec
It's an 8MM allen key to remove the bar ends and if you stripped them I wanna see pictures because I have taken them off multiple times and have not had any issues.

Follow me on Instagram. http://instagram.com/trebec