The MT-07 Forum

Time to put re-ramp up the oldest/first FZ07 FB group

Cruizin

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FZ07.orgForums/

We launched this forum in May 2015, back before Facebook groups had started seeing any potential. Month later in June, we launched the first USA FZ07 FB group, and it was the busiest one too.  After a while, I actually closed the FB group due to time constraints and one of the fb members started what is now the biggest US group.  Was an awesome group, is still busy but some of the advice dolled out on there is sometimes sketchy, sometimes great. 

Anywho, Im about to put attention back into that Facebook group.  Anyone want to help admin it? (send me a pm). 

People prefer Facebook now days, so I am putting together a project to place our years of awesome DYI tech tips at the top of the Group page. Nobody, and I mean nobody else online has the DIY tips we have, cept for Youtube. But with pics and text, you don't have to rewind 20 times, either, lol. 

Forums are better than a one size fits all generic FB page, but we gotta go where the peeps are. 

Come join, come post. Ill be putting together some giveaway contests. Its gonna be fun so get your ass over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/FZ07.orgForums/

Don't worry, this forum stays. For now at least. 

• Premium Member
Littlebriar

I just joined the group. I usually like the forum approach better than Facebook. Facebook groups tend to become unwieldy and lose focus after some time. They are also hard to search and filter topics. We'll see how this one goes. I guess, I'm just old school because I prefer to consume my favorite content using an RSS reader too.

Thanks for your diligence in support of our favorite bikes. Hopefully the forum will continue for a long time to come.

• Like 2

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan

• Global Moderator

I don't see the forum going anywhere @Littlebriar

There's too much good stuff here.

I'd take that offer @Cruizin but I have permanently disabled my FB account. 

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

FZ07R WaNaB
On 6/20/2019 at 2:46 AM, Cruizin said:

Don't worry, this forum stays. For now at least. 

I'm glad to hear this because as far as I am concerned.....

Facebook = the Devil

For those of you who want to see the degree Facebook gets a piece of literally every website you go to, check out Ghostery which is a form of privacy software. While I expected Google to get a piece of everything, I did not expect Facebook to, but it does. Ghostery allows you to see the entities who track the individual websites you go to in real time. While Ghostery has it's issues, it is very popular with the privacy crowd. Considering how many times that Facebook recently has had privacy screw-ups, I have no intention of using FB for this forum or for any other reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostery

Honestly Cruizin with your background, I'm seriously surprised that you would advocate anything with Facebook. While you might be insulated to a large degree with your use of Linux and God knows what other forms of protection software you use, you can safely assume that 99.9% of everyone on this forum is not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

God help us all if it ever gets to the point where forums become obsolete and everything goes Facebook.  What a scary thought.

• Like 3

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

God help us all if it ever gets to the point where forums become obsolete and everything goes Facebook.  What a scary thought. 

If it ever comes to that.. well it was nice knowing you all but I will not be joining Facebook for any reason.

I understand why people find it useful. I just haven't found a reason yet.

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

The forum isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but I am getting some sick of paying for it out of my own pocket. 

For people who don't realize it, we have tons of t-shirts for sale, just click on "store" to order some. We also make a couple bucks if you disable your ad blockers on this website. 

I know people want a free website experience, but this place costs money ea month and website owners do not pay for websites that don't make any revenue for very long.

Thanks to our premium members for supporting this forum, anyone else who would like to go ad free and have unlimited pic hosting, please send me a pm. This is what keeps the forum alive.

Also consider using our parts links at the top of the forum when you need to buy any parts or gear!

• Like 1

I found Facebook to be filled with a bunch of pretentious twits that did nothing but regurgitate the same rhetoric the main stream media spews out it's arse. F*ck Facebook, it might as well be called, "The Sun".

• Like 1

Beemer