The MT-07 Forum

Wheel decals or rim stripes for a "deep" look? Share your pics!

Terry_b

• Premium Member

I was browsing the other day and came across a pic of an FZ/MT07 with wheel decals that really set the rear wheel off in a "deep dish" kind of perception. 

For the life of me, I can't find the picture again, and I don't know if it was just camera angle trickery that gave it such a nice look or the actual decals. I'm not a huge fan of the bagged and lowered cars with the crazy deep dish wheels, but some of them can be very tastefully done and stylish.

1667370831_Deepdish.jpg.a1fc41acafc1be0c71eaf110b0a1ec2d.jpg

I can't decide if I want to do a white rim stripe on mine to set the wheel and tire apart or do a decal on the inside of the wheel, I'm hoping some of you can post up some nice pics to give people like me ideas?

• 3 months later...
imherefortheride
On 6/21/2019 at 10:14 PM, 3crows said:

Just google MT-07 wheel decals or such. Here are mine:

IMG-5408.jpg

IMG-5397.jpg

Are these from eBay? How is the quality? I have black wheels and I'm considering getting the ones you have but in floro yellow. 

On 6/19/2019 at 2:35 PM, Terry_b said:

I was browsing the other day and came across a pic of an FZ/MT07 with wheel decals that really set the rear wheel off in a "deep dish" kind of perception. 

For the life of me, I can't find the picture again, and I don't know if it was just camera angle trickery that gave it such a nice look or the actual decals. I'm not a huge fan of the bagged and lowered cars with the crazy deep dish wheels, but some of them can be very tastefully done and stylish.

1667370831_Deepdish.jpg.a1fc41acafc1be0c71eaf110b0a1ec2d.jpg

I can't decide if I want to do a white rim stripe on mine to set the wheel and tire apart or do a decal on the inside of the wheel, I'm hoping some of you can post up some nice pics to give people like me ideas?

There are "tricks" that deceive our eyes into seeing what isn't there.  I'm no art or photography student, but I have seen many such examples.  The best way to start would be determine what color the spokes of the rim are.  Then that will become a focal point and from there you'll want to create as much space visually to the outer edge of the rim by trying to widen the flats by incorporating the outer "flat edge" into the interior flats and highlight the outermost bead of the rim almost like a pinstripe.  Experimentation is going to be required to get the look right for you, so perhaps look for artwork that has depth created using color.

The unfortunate part is that we don't have single sided swingarm where it would be easy to get the look.  You'll need to do a double sided approach.  Best of luck.  Let us know what you come up with.