The MT-07 Forum

Home Made Brake Fluid Reservoir Bracket

rfmueller

Recently pulled the passenger pegs with brackets off the Red Baron.  Since the brake reservoir holder was part of the right side peg bracket, I took a  1/8" x 3/4" piece of rolled steel, cut to length, made bends and holes in the correct locations, painted it a nice satin black, and mounted to the right side Motech saddle bag mount.  Works like a champ.  Very sturdy.  Total was about $10 from Lowes.  Looks professional. 

FYI:  The Motech saddle bag mounts use the same screw holes as the passenger peg mounts.  I did have to drill two holes in the mount to accommodate the home made reservoir bracket.  Was a very satisfying little project.

The reservoir bracket is mounted behind the saddle bag mount so the screw heads are visible.  Beyond that just a small portion of the black painted steel that the reservoir is attached to. 

20190619_131914.jpg

20190619_131939.jpg

Edited by rfmueller
Adding photos with comments
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigturbomax said:

Pics or it didnt happen!

lol!  Okay, pics if you insist, but they'll have to wait until I'm home tomorrow to snap some.

Bigturbomax

Ok. It sounds like a tidy little project. I always enjoy seeing the ingenuity of fellow board members.