The MT-07 Forum

Need an inexpensive helmet? Look here

effzee07

• Premium Member

Hopefully that link works. I was browsing and seen they have a few helmets on clearance for 34.95 with free shipping. Worth a shot, so I bought the blue one. Just giving you all a heads up in case you are interested.

http://www.ridersdiscount.com/Xpeed-XF705-Spider-Full-Helmet/dp/B00B2NGRJW?field_availability=-1&field_browse=5315380011&field_keywords=xpeed&id=Xpeed+XF705+Spider+Full+Helmet&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=brandtextbin%2Ccolor_map%2Cprice%2Csize_name%2Csubjectbin&searchKeywords=xpeed&searchNodeID=5315380011&searchPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

Definitely not a bad deal for an extra/beater helmet. I just wish i didn't have such a hard time with full face helmets. I already have a pretty beefy hat size as-is (7 5/8-3/4), but most full face helmets squish my face to the point of giving me a headache.

• Premium Member

I have a gigantic head. I can't even get most helmet brands to even start going on my head!! Icon, Shoei, Arai, S&S, etc....i have problems with all of those. Icon XXXL won't even go on my head. HJC seems good though. I wear an XL-XXL in HJC, so I got the XXL on this helmet. It's so cheap that if it doesnt fit i can probably sell it.

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

Same here! I had a hell of a time with Scorpion and other helmet brands. I ended up with an HJC Symax 3 modular in XXL.  Could have sprung for 3X if it existed, but the 2X is ok as far as i can tell. HJC has a much more round overall shape, and the modular gives the cheek/face portion much less tension. So...I get the looks and protection of a full face with twice the comfort. So far it's been a good choice.  If I can drop a few lbs over the winter like I want to, it should give me a bit more room in the helmet. 

Definitely not a bad deal for an extra/beater helmet. I just wish i didn't have such a hard time with full face helmets. I already have a pretty beefy hat size as-is (7 5/8-3/4), but most full face helmets squish my face to the point of giving me a headache.

We have the same size hat and I have a fulmer helmet size large and after I broke it in the helmet is a tad big it moves around. So try a fulmer full face.

I don't have a hard time fitting my head itself. The problem is is my wide face and mildly chubby cheeks. Helmets often fit my head fine, but destroy my cheek bones and face.

Eh what the hell. I just ordered a Euphoria in silver/black, XXL. Glad I noticed that there are 2 different 705 model helmets to choose from at that price. Figured for $35 shipped I can afford to not like it. Plus, I think my local drag strip requires a SNELL rated helmet if i ever wanted to take my charger to the track...my primary modular helmet is only DOT approved. So, i can be legit for $35, not bad.

• Premium Member

Got my $35 helmet today.
Boy am I impressed!
Even comes with a nice helmet bag.
Fit is similar shape to HJC (good for us giant melon heads)
Comes with breath guard, and plenty of venting.
I have not yet rode with it...only wore it for about 5 minutes, but for this short review, I think it is worth the actual original price of 200 something
The paint finish is nice.
SHield is nice and easy to move/click
Vents operate smooth
Padding is plush
Helmet strap is nicer than my HJC
Graphics look better in person.
I may buy another!!!
dcoqPCH.jpg
hEQnKxa.jpg
0Cthn0B.jpg
zNPcLzC.jpg

Guest August BB

If they only had a M and L in-stock, I would've bought 2. Back-up helmet and a spare helmet for whoever needs it that wears an L. Ha. My wife wears a small, they have a whole bunch of those but I don't feel a need to buy her a spare mainly because she will wonder why I even bought it for her.

• Premium Member

So.....temptation for a second one of these helmets could not be resisted....so I ordered the other style. Here is a link:

http://www.ridersdiscount.com/Xpeed-XF705-Euphoria-Full-Helmet/dp/B00B2NG9C2?field_availability=-1&field_browse=5498716011&id=Xpeed+XF705+Euphoria+Full+Helmet&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=brandtextbin%2Ccolor_map%2Cprice%2Csize_name%2Csubjectbin&searchNodeID=5498716011&searchPage=1&searchRank=price&searchSize=12

Excited to see this one in person. I'm loving the one I got yesterday. Can't believe they are 34 bucks. @ricochet08 this is the link to the helmets, but i think they only got Small and XXL left.

Yep, the Euphoria silver/black is the one i ordered yesterday. I needed an XXL, but didn't want blue or red. Noticed the Euphoria on the right for the same price, and they had the silver/black like I wanted.

I just got my silver/black Euphoria helmet in today. Wow! Quality seems super solid. It's actually pretty comfy as well. The graphics are great quality and look good even up close. Visor detents are solid and strong. D-Ring closure reminds me of my Scorpion Exo i used to have. Definitely feels the same, if not better than other helmets i've handled in the $200+ range. For $35 shipped I'm beyond happy with this purchase. Overall weight is pretty light. liner is soft and isn't too stiff. We have a winner here people! Scoop these up!

mine arrived fit great but the front chin vent area was broke . so i willbe returning it for another one and most likely grabbing another thus having two great helmet good fit nice looking def a winner

Hah. I got the Spider one as well. Similar to @p0k3yiii above, I put the helmet on and then fumbled around to sense the chin vent and it clean broke off :o Other than that, seems like a solid beater helmet for 35. Can't complain!

I called Ridersdiscount and the first guy was no good and simply said exchange it and the instructions sent indicated I have to pay return shipping plus shipping for a new helmet back to me!! :o Then I decided to just return and get refund and the person I got this time spoke to a manager and said the helmet is a write off and that I can keep it and they will issue full refund. So I promptly ordered another one, this time Euphoria, for one more handy helmet lol. Good deal :)! So two helmets for the price of one.

Archived