Sign in to follow this  
Beemer

Turbo MT-07

Beemer

Who needs an M-10 when you have this?

• Like 3

Beemer

topazsparrow

I was super excited about this kit until I thought about it more.

1) The kit is more than half the cost of the bike.

2) The power output is still less than an MT-09, which costs less than an MT-07 + turbo kit.

3) Someone got their MT-07 engine up to approximately 100 bhp on NA and it blew the rods. Seems to be the rough limit of the stock internals. I don't think the turbo kit put as much stress on the engine as an equivalent output NA motor though, but still something to consider.

If I had money to blow, i'd probably still do it though...

• Like 1

Beemer
3 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

I was super excited about this kit until I thought about it more.

1) The kit is more than half the cost of the bike.

2) The power output is still less than an MT-09, which costs less than an MT-07 + turbo kit.

3) Someone got their MT-07 engine up to approximately 100 bhp on NA and it blew the rods. Seems to be the rough limit of the stock internals. I don't think the turbo kit put as much stress on the engine as an equivalent output NA motor though, but still something to consider.

If I had money to blow, i'd probably still do it though...

I skipped around on the video and saw the dyno result of 142.3 h.p. Did I miss something or did you?

Beemer

topazsparrow
21 hours ago, Beemer said:

I skipped around on the video and saw the dyno result of 142.3 h.p. Did I miss something or did you?

Looks like that's what the Dyno showed. Even given some discrepancy, that's too big of a difference to ignore.

I'm guessing the E85 is nicer on the internals? Wonder how long that kind of output is good for.

Damn, 140hp is MT10 territory. 

The product page says its only 125 normally, but then again, there's some evidence the engine can't hold up to over 100 bhp under normal use reliably.

https://www.extremecreations.com.au/yamaha-mt-07-fz-07-turbo-kit

Edited by topazsparrow

Beemer
4 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

Looks like that's what the Dyno showed. Even given some discrepancy, that's too big of a difference to ignore.

I'm guessing the E85 is nicer on the internals? Wonder how long that kind of output is good for.

Damn, 140hp is MT10 territory. 

The product page says its only 125 normally, but then again, there's some evidence the engine can't hold up to over 100 bhp under normal use reliably.

https://www.extremecreations.com.au/yamaha-mt-07-fz-07-turbo-kit

It's impressive but I wouldn't do it. I don't need that kind of power or speed and it would be just too many headaches if I did.

Beemer

cheesecakesucks
On 6/17/2019 at 10:49 PM, topazsparrow said:

The power output is still less than an MT-09, which costs less than an MT-07 + turbo kit.

That's wheel horsepower, mind you. (I think?)

It's totally on my wish list even though I'm aware of the risks lol

E85 is not necessarily easier on the internals, it just has a higher octane rating so isn't as prone to premature detonation, which lets you squeeze out more power before knock starts to occur.

Edited by cheesecakesucks