The MT-07 Forum

Hot Weather Riding Shoes

Beemer

I just watched a video on some summertime riding shoes and it inspired me to look at some others because what I have right now doesn't breath and with hotter feet than the average person all the time anyway I need something much cooler and I stumbled upon these. I am going to buy them right after I'm done with this thread. 

The pros:

1. Lightweight, easy to walk in and very breathable material 'all over the foot', not just venting in one spot like with some so called "summer shoes" which are so ineffective in keeping the whole foot cool and comfortable.

2. Reinforced, thermoplastic caps to make shifting more comfortable and precise and help with protecting the toe and heel.

3. Good rubber sole that grips well and is flexible.

4. Ankle protection. 

5. Inside ankle zipper to make it easy to put on and take off. Love that! Hate lacing!

The cons:

1. They are a summer shoe and made as such, they sacrifice heavy protection for comfort. 

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Streetbike-Accessories-Breathable-Protective/dp/B074XDC2NV/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?crid=1JN7YVNODA3RE&keywords=bates%2Bboots%2Bfor%2Bmen&pd_rd_i=B074XDC2NW&pd_rd_r=094083c2-74f0-4d2b-bd51-ee435f1e0c95&pd_rd_w=lzgjc&pd_rd_wg=c33Vb&pf_rd_p=a6d018ad-f20b-46c9-8920-433972c7d9b7&pf_rd_r=TABTG7E2GX5G3PMKQKDY&qid=1560698175&s=gateway&sprefix=bates%2Caps%2C177&th=1

61yTgdfZSaL._SL1000_.jpg

Beemer

FZ07R WaNaB
21 hours ago, tavisb said:

I have a pair of these Bates motorcycle low top boots that work well for that purpose. 

As Cruizin always asks, please provide a link for your boots

21 hours ago, tavisb said:

I have a pair of these Bates motorcycle low top boots that work well for that purpose. 

813AshpRpwL._UL1500_.jpg

I've seen those before and almost bought them but the only thing that stopped me was they didn't have a side zipper entry. I like Bates a lot, they're very comfortable and look at those lugs! I looked on 3 major sites and can't find that model, not even on bates website. Are they discontinued???

Beemer