The MT-07 Forum

M4 exhaust fitment

brickson98

Hello! I’m pretty new. I’ve been a fan of the FZ/MT’s since they came out. I’m finally getting one tomorrow, I put a deposit down today.

so this exhaust says it fits 15-17. Is there a difference in exhaust fitment with the 18’s? I really want this exhaust but I don’t want to waste my time if it really won’t fit. I’m getting a 2018 MT-07.

thanks for any help. Sorry if this has already been gone over. I’m on my phone and couldn’t find anything about it yet.

51A82FDE-A7AC-4687-8DEA-F0EF02EC5BD7.png

Edited by brickson98

• Global Moderator

@brickson98, I just checked and the 2018 exhaust is the same part number as a 2015, so that will fit.  Just FYI, the M4 is probably the loudest exhaust you can get, so if you have neighbors close by you may not be very popular :).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

@brickson98, I just checked and the 2018 exhaust is the same part number as a 2015, so that will fit.  Just FYI, the M4 is probably the loudest exhaust you can get, so if you have neighbors close by you may not be very popular :).  

Do you think the M4 would get annoying on a 2 hour trip? I’m torn between Two Bros and M4

• Global Moderator
4 minutes ago, brickson98 said:

Do you think the M4 would get annoying on a 2 hour trip? I’m torn between Two Bros and M4

I still have a stock exhaust so I cannot speak to that.  People on the forum have complained that it is too loud, but that is subjective.  Maybe some M4 owners will pipe up with their opinions. 

16 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I still have a stock exhaust so I cannot speak to that.  People on the forum have complained that it is too loud, but that is subjective.  Maybe some M4 owners will pipe up with their opinions. 

Hopefully! I'll have to make a decision tomorrow because I want to get an exhaust here soon. I'm one of those people who can't stand stock exhaust lol. I have another quick question. Will the little cheap metal windscreen things like this still work with the 2018? I found that Puig makes this, but I can't find it for sale anywhere.

• Global Moderator

@brickson98, the bolt pattern on the 2018 is different than the earlier models so that windscreen will not fit.  Yamaha makes a couple, but they are not cheap. 

• Thanks 1

@mjh937 ah, alright. That's what it looked like. Well, I found a website selling the puig one but it's based out of another country so delivery time is 45+ business days lol

NRWhiteKnight

Puig has a distribution point/warehouse in Florida. Give a shout to Revzilla and see if they can order the screen for your bike. The one on Revzilla's site does look different. There may have been a design change or something. It can't hurt to ask. :)

• Like 1

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

• Premium Member

The OEM Yamaha screens mount to the pinch bolts on top of the fork tubes so they'll work on either model. I actually have the Yamaha screen that was meant for the 2015-17 and it fits perfectly on my 2018. Not the look I wanted, so I'll be getting rid of it. Let me know if you want pics or more info :)

• Like 1