The MT-07 Forum

FTECU MT07 Software Issues

backwheelben

backwheelben

So I've just installed a FTECU side harness on my MT07 and flashed my ECU and the exhaust is popping even more on decel than when it was stock..

I spoke to someone not long ago, about all the different ECU codes in the FTECU software having different country codes. He told me that the country code doesn't matter, just the serial number off the ECU. I was told if I was to just use an EU code what doesnt match my serial number, it would trigger the immobilizer. Im in the UK my ECU serial number ends in 591A40. The code that matched my ECU serial number had the PHL country code. I flashed my ECU with this file and it was running really lean and popping an awful lot.

I've just had a look at the TPS vs RPM maps on Cyl #1 on three different country codes just out of curiosity and there are some big differences. I dont know if thats because ones for the less powerful LAMS model or whatever, I just dont want to be damaging my engine by running a dodgy ECU flash! I have attached a photo of what I mean, is that normal? I would assume its to do with different fuel in different countries, atmospheric conditions etc... I was hoping someone might be able to clear this up for me? Maybe its just because the different ECUs have different paramaters or something... If anyone knows why the different countries ECU maps show different values please let me know!

Also, I may end up getting a Active tune kit. Just seen a youtube video about it... But first I want to try importing a fuel map to suit my setup. Would I be able to just take a power commander off their website and import it? I assume the files on there are American, and if they were American would I still be able to use them in the UK, or would it not run right with UK fuel/atmoshperic conditions etc...

Thanks1417081492_TPScomparison.thumb.png.fd554e6c139dc88e42cbe945d58760ec.png

map comparison.png

Edited by backwheelben

That is a big difference. The files aren’t labelled in a particularly helpful way to the end user. 

You can use the power commander maps that suit your mods, it shouldn’t make a difference which country they originated from.

• Premium Member

The popping noise is the "deccel injection" function... OEM keeps it off unless you turn it on via a tune... With Deccel injection off it gives the FZ-07 the huge engine braking effect, with the deccel injection turned on it softens up the engine braking by squirting a bit of fuel when RPMs are winding down off throttle... 

If you use a PC map- keep the OEM features stock (deccel injection off, etc) the PC maps were made to piggy back off the OEM settings/tables... 

The unrestricted files are a base map for tuners to build off of- all I know is some software program came up with the "unrestricted map" values... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

backwheelben

Thanks for the replies lads! Ive even asked professional tuners about this, asked the guy where I bought it from. They don't seem to have a good answer. Its not running right with the FTECU unrestricted map.. Im gonna try using a power commander map tomorrow and see if its any better, but that doesn't even change the TPS vs RPM or MAP vs RPM.

Ive got it booked in for a full custom dyno tune at P3 tuning in Liverpool. I will upload results of before and after the custom duno tune if anybodys interested!

Edited by backwheelben

topazsparrow
16 hours ago, norcal616 said:

The unrestricted files are a base map for tuners to build off of- all I know is some software program came up with the "unrestricted map" values... 

Bingo. If you're going to use the unrestricted maps, at least import the stock timing and TPS bias map.

The unrestricted timing is extremely aggressive unless you're at WOT. Here's an example: Stock on the left, unrestricted on the right:

mxD1CRIh.jpg

Post with 0 views.

This is the problem with map files being shared and used by all providers.

’Unrestricted’ map name is nothing to do with any engine power restrictions from the Yamaha factory.

Edited by stickshift
Typos

backwheelben

Time to admit im out my depth boys haha! Done a little video installing the harness and doing a little road test if anyones interested...

Gonna do a follow up video next week after Ive had a full custom dyno tune done as well!