The MT-07 Forum

Throttle lock

Grant31781

I bought this throttle lock and tried it out today. I really like it. This is the first time I have ever used one. It is nice to be able to relax my right hand. Also it makes covering the front brake easier.

https://www.amazon.com/KKmoon-Motorcycle-Universal-Throttle-Aluminum/dp/B07QXBV1P5

Edited by Grant31781

I've had one for awhile. My honest opinion of them is when they don't slip they work fine. They can be a little tricky in getting them to set just right and stay put. I'm always having to adjust/tighten them to stop them from slipping and loosing speed. I've figured them out pretty well now. For the most part they have been helpful in giving my throttle hand/wrist relief to help extend my riding time and pleasure so for the money they're worth any short comings.

Beemer

I had a different version bit similar design I used for awhile. But too much traffic, could only use it for a fee seconds at a time.  On longer rides with a group it helped but those were not as often.

I think I still have it actually. Might try it on the fz

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:55 AM, Grant31781 said:

Do you have the silicon ring that goes over the grip?  

Yes, I do.

Beemer

Bigturbomax

I have the go cruise throttle lock on mine with the silicone band. It works surprisingly well. I rarely use it. But its thin enough that i dont really notice it there most of the time and am always glad its there when my throttle hand needs to shake out. I only ever use it for 10 or 15 seconds at a time. Its not perfect, but for $20 it does the job i need it too and ive been pleased with it. 

Edited by Bigturbomax
Typo

• 2 weeks later...
longrider1951

I've had a Vista Cruise Throttle lock on just about every bike I've had. They do what I want and don't cost a ton.