The MT-07 Forum

Fz-07 compared to a F4i

cydoniaab

Anyone have experience on these two and able to compare.

They are both of the comfortable exciting machines species. I'm kind of wondering which one wins in term of acceleration, power and fun factor.

The old f4i has the advantage of fairings for the long rides, but it definitely showing it's age now, it can be had now pretty cheap and some with reasonable miles. Never owned a f4i but before the fz-07 came out the f4i was going to be my compromise bike.

Completely different animals if you ask me. I've ridden an F4i and the seating position is more aggressive and forward than the FZ. The F4i is basically a supersport from the late 90's/early 00's technology-wise. It's going to have a peaky powerband like more 4cyl bikes do. F4i is around 110hp @ 12,500rpm. It's essentially a 600RR from a few years prior, but with a more relaxed position.

Just depends what you want really. The F4i is basically a slightly relaxed supersport with a high revving, peaky motor, and the FZ is a streetfighter with a liner powerband. The FZ is going to be more comfortable and has more usable power in the lower/mid range for around town riding. If you're going to do a lot of highway or long trips, and you don't mind a more aggressive seating position, the F4i will be fine. If you want more long-term comfort and plan on doing mostly urban riding with some highway, the FZ would fit the bill a little better I think. I've ridden an F4i, but have only sat on the FZ....and they feel completely different. Is the F4i more relaxed than a current RR? Yes. But, the F4i pretty much is an RR from 15 years ago.

As mjesenovec said.
I will add, the f4i is a 4cyl, and 4cyl have vibrations all over, but mainly on the handle bar. I can't take those anymore, ruined too many trips. But a 110hp 4cyl is a blast to drive quick and fast. P-)

Ya it's hard one, see I used to have a gixxer 750 and hated the fact that I couldn't do more the 1h without feeling a sting but sure love the little adrenaline rush I got when that speed band hit.

I have a feeling this one will put out those grins elsewhere's sure looking forward to next summer. Canada reality here!

once you have heard an fz piped how could you even think of a 4cyl
we want torque and personality man
never rode an f4i but know it was a great bike for a lot of years
when you sit on the right bike you will know its for you, it just fits like they made it for you
find that bike no matter what it may be. just don't ever buy one to impress your friends
if you have ever seen a bunch of guys on the same sport bikes or the same Harleys and you know its not for you
then you know your ready for the naked bikes
I cant stand the thought of everybody riding the same bike
sorry may have went long on that one

The F4i is a great bike. I would take the 07 over the Honda. But, 10 years ago, i would opt for the F4i because back then, i did some track days.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Well said. I sat on a white fz-07 at yamaha few weeks ago and ya had that this is made for me feeling. Then sat on a R6 to remember la crotch rocket and thought haha no thanks. I probably won't even try it next year after all I've read I think if it was really down on power I'd hear more of it. Hope I don't pass off as a racer I'm not really just like to crank and smile when the coast is clear. I'm still more balls then brains on occasion tho so staying away from the 750-1000 is probably good also.

when you sit on the right bike you will know its for you, it just fits like they made it for you
find that bike no matter what it may be.

That is so wrong to tell him that ;), I have done that exact same thing and ended up buying a different bike every year :). They all did their job as expected, but I had to try another one, thinking the next one will be better, that the grass was greener with the next bike. I still have hopes with the FZ-07 :D 

and my problem over the years was bikes I always wanted I had to own but for some reason never kept long term 2 faves that I with I wouldn't have gotten rid of 1985 rz5001984 gpz turbonow they were fun dinosaurs all a guy needs is a really big garage and a great wife then you buy a bunch and ride what you want and when you want that's my dream probably should move out of my condo

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
all a guy needs is a really big garage and a great wife then you buy a bunch and ride what you want and when you want that's my dream probably should move out of my condo

For about one month last summer there were five motorcycles in our garage - and three of them were mine!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Alot of really god advice here as far as comparing these two completely different bikes. That being said I had a 1000RR from 2004-2014, right up until this FZ-07. I can tell you they ride and feel completely different. I definitely love the feel of how light the FZ is, turn in, navigating around city traffic, the torque. And yet I miss things about my Honda lik it's amazing power and, that quick burst of speed of 150 HP, but the bike became a Chore to ride after an hour. It was intense and you had to be ready for that. With the FZ you get to decide if you want to ride at a lazy pace or a spirited dart from spot to spot. I guess what I'm trying to say is those of us who have been riding for many a year will tell you that your ideas of an ideal bike will change from time to time and that's why there is never one motorcycle that does everything perfectly all the time. Hope this helps.

Archived