Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

Please pray for Davey Johnson

Cruizin

Last Wed, automotive writer Davey Johnson went missing while on a press ride, testing a Honda CB1000R in California. Davey was one of the first writers for Jalopnik back in their early days. He has written for Car and Driver and many motorcycle magazines and websites. He is a good man, loved by many. 

They found his motorcycle on Wed at a rest stop. On Saturday, they found his clothing, laptop and backpack on a riverbank. He had texted his freind and GF on Wed telling them not to worry, he was ok and taking a rest at a rest stop.  That was the last anyoone has heard from him. 

If you believe in prayer, please pray for Davey. The entire automotive/powersports publishing industry loves him and hopes for his safe return. 

nzrlbyg0mypomt05zctq.png

The global community of automotive journalists isn’t particularly huge, so when something happens to one of our own, it gets our attention. When it happens to one as well-liked, respected, and well-known as Davey Johnson...

• Sad 1

Chomorro

He texted saying not to worry? Sounds like something was up. Hopefully he is ok 

Beemer

I hope he is found alive but I suspect what others suspect, that he went for a dip in the river (clothes, backpack and laptop found on river bank along with backpack = no foul play) and got into trouble with the current and next, the very cold temperature of the water. I hope everyone is wrong about that and he turns up alive and well.

Beemer

bartman5impson
1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

I thought that too, but his wallet is missing. 

It looks like they did find his wallet

"The authorities did find Davey Johnson's wallet today. It was amongst his belongings tucked into a pocket in his motorcycle pants. Search and rescue efforts will continue again tomorrow. (2 of 4)"

https://twitter.com/AbigailBassett/status/1138295581254643712