The MT-07 Forum

Looking at purchasing a '17 FZ07

Newbeme

Hi guys (and gals), new to the site and loving it so far. There is a ton of info here, but I still have a few questions. I am looking at buying a used 2017 FZ07 from a local dealer that has looks new with 308 miles on it. Right now they have a deal going for me that is $5,100.00 out the door. I only have to pay for my tags/lic. plate. Being new to the FZ07, I was wondering if this sounds like a decent deal? Also, what is insurance like on these? Are they considered a naked bike? 

Thanks. 

bartman5impson

It really depends on where you live. Here in California any FZ07 at that price would probably have 20,000 miles. Insurance will be cheaper than a supersport like an R6, but collision coverage will still be expensive if you are a young and/or new rider.

compare to showroom prices, some have one or two left in stock you might get a good deal if the difference is not big for that millage, if this is your first bike and you are planning on keeping it for a long time i recommend getting a new motorcycle, nothing like it, but hey whatever works for you go for it.