The MT-07 Forum

FTECU - Decel POP Reduction

Alpha Wolf

Alpha Wolf

I’m running an M4 slip on, no snorkel and flashed with FTECU. My flash is the unrestricted map with a PC Akro exhaust/no snorkel map overlay. I get a ton of decel pop when decelerating starting at 6250RPM to about 2000. I’ve done my research and tried to increase the 0 throttle position fuel by about 2-4 points in those ranges but it still does not seem to help. Has anyone found a better fitting map or adjusted it themselves and can provide pointers? 

Also, I assume you should adjust the TPS vs RPM as well as the MAP vs RPM maps and I have tried both with no success. 

Edited by Alpha Wolf

• Premium Member

Without getting myself too involved... The decel pop is normal is since " Decel injection is OFF"... Stock exhaust did a great job of masking the decel pops...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

The problem is aftermarket pipes allow more air to get inside on the decal and cause the unburned fuel to ignite, causeing the pop. That's why you don't hear nearly as much popping , if any, from the stock exhaust. I have an Akra carbon fiber pipe and a Dobeck EJK fuel controller and when I increased the fuel to stop the popping it didn't help and only made my bike less responsive so I went toward the negative side with less fuel and it didn't perform as well nor reduce the popping. In the end I found the factory settings on the controller worked best. Can't speak for your bike with it's set up. Take a look at this article, maybe it can help.

b31ec7dd62b712bf14207fd6dde0023f16a763c7

Decel popping is caused by the detonation of unburned fuel in the exhaust pipe. This happens with high flow exhausts that allow...

Beemer

You have to play with the TPS MAP bias table to get rid of the popping.  Adding fuel in the TPS table won't do it, because it's not using that table during decel.

J.D. Hord

Alpha Wolf
4 hours ago, hordboy said:

You have to play with the TPS MAP bias table to get rid of the popping.  Adding fuel in the TPS table won't do it, because it's not using that table during decel.

Okay I see, can you explain how the BIAS map works? 

Bias is a TPS vs. MAP blend table.  Basically, for when the bike is using MAP and when it is using TPS, and how much.  If in the bias table in the 0 TPS column, from 2000-11,000 rpm, you make the numbers .00 you will be on your way to reducing the decel pop significantly.  But you will still have to then tune the TPS tables a bit. :)

J.D. Hord

• 4 weeks later...

just got my ftecu to not only optimize my fueling the akra ti, but to also help reduce decel popping. what adjustments have you tried in the bias blend table?