Sign in to follow this  
50Joe

First ride after being paralyzed in 2013

cornerslider
3 hours ago, 50Joe said:

The ECU was remapped a few years ago when the Yosh full race exhaust was put on. Andy Palmer at AP Motoarts did that. I know Andy and he said he would remap the ECU again if I find the fueling not quite right after the Hord airbox is installed. I'll probably send him the ECU anyway just so I know I'm all good to go.

BTW, what kind of HP would you estimate the FZ makes with a stock engine, the Yosh exhaust, Hord airbox and ECU remap?

I never had mine on a dyno, but I’m hearing most people are getting 85-87 HP 😎... That intake was the BEST $300 that I spent on my bike!!! Hands-down, it’s the best bang for the buck, nothing else even comes close 👍🏼-

• Like 2

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

stickshift
7 hours ago, 50Joe said:

BTW, what kind of HP would you estimate the FZ makes with a stock engine, the Yosh exhaust, Hord airbox and ECU remap?

Hordpower has the dyno chart on his website. This is with yosh exhaust, intake and ecu tune (otherwise stock engine) compared to standard bike:

image.thumb.png.dd817373b902a6281b8983405ca0dbbb.png

The gains are impressive.

I've just ordered the intake, looking forward to a bit more top end on the track.

• Like 3

sorkyah

APs intake is the hordpower airbox if i recall correctly, so he probably has a tune for the airbox already.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

50Joe

It's about to get real. Bike is all built up and my Proshift electronic shifting system is working. Just gotta get in the Hordpower airbox and she's track worthy. Yes, I have full bodywork that will be installed after a test ride to make sure all systems are go.

FZ built 9-4-20.jpg

Edited by 50Joe
  • Like 4

50Joe

Test ride yesterday went great until the solenoid for the ProShift electronic shifting system stopped working. It got very hot and stopped pulling. Emailed ProShift and I believe it is a set up issue I need to adjust. If the actuating rod can't travel full distance it will over heat. If that's the only thing I need to fix to be track ready I'll be very happy. Other than that, the bike was awesome and sounded great. I'm also still waiting on my Hordpower airbox.

• Like 3

50Joe

95+% ready for the track. Just making final adjustments to the ProShift electronic gear shift system and waiting on my Hordpower airbox. Tentatively planning on doing the WERA event at Road Atlanta first weekend in October.

Assemble 0914 A.jpg

Assemble 0914 B.jpg

Assemble 0914 C.jpg

• Like 8

AP996

Looks great, good luck with that first event.

• Like 3

50Joe

Oh hell yes! ProShift issue resolved. Worked flawlessly. Road Atlanta here I come first weekend in October.

• Like 6

50Joe

Hordpower airbox on it's way to me with delivery expected Friday. I'll have one week to do additional testing and adjustments prior to the WERA weekend. N2 is running the track day on Friday. It's actually cheaper for me to race on Saturday versus the track day Friday but I think it's probably wise to still do the track day first. Heck, if all goes really well I'll do both.