The MT-07 Forum

Shad tank bags

Jmbuschschulte

Jmbuschschulte

Hello all,

I'm brand new to the forum and have ended up here more times than not in my internet endeavors, so I figured I might as well join. So thanks for having me.

ANYWAY... I was in the market for some luggage and ended up going the Shad route as it seemed to be the cleanest mounting system. My only concern was the way their tank bag mounts to our bikes with distance relationship between the tank ring and handlebars. I was concerned there would be clearance issues with the bag contacting the gauge cluster at full lock. HOWEVER, I installed them today and there are no issues at all. The base plate on all three bags are adjustable fore and aft, so as long as you move the base plate as far forward as it can go you'll be in business. Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it. 

Disregard the messy garage. 

0_IMG_20190605_124101.jpg

1_IMG_20190605_124113.jpg

2_IMG_20190605_124056.jpg

3_IMG_20190605_124121.jpg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum @Jmbuschschulte.  Thanks for the photos.  It is great to see how different parts actually fit. 

• Thanks 1

I came across Shad myself yesterday. This was in respect of seats. I read a positive  comment about their seat on an 09. I have emailed them to see if they do one for fhe MT-07 (it is not an option on their website).

Just do it! 

• 2 weeks later...
Jmbuschschulte

Thanks for the welcome. So I ended up ordering the E48 saddlebags and their mounting system that went with them. I'll also share my overall experience I had with them.

As I'm sure it has been discussed in another post, to install the saddle bag mounts, you MUST drill 12 (10mm/3/8") holes in the rear fairings (6 per side) and cut out the material to make a slot for the supports to slide through. I am very impressed with the quality of everything I've bought from them.

However, I have issue with couple business practices they have.

1. Backorders

If you order something on backorder, and pay with a card, your (most) banks will do a soft pull of that charge, so they business (Shad) can have access to it for up to 7 days. However, they won't take the money until they ship the product. That doesn't really sound like a problem until you want to cancel/change your order. In which case you'll have two charges to Shad until your bank releases your funds back to you for your first order. 

2. Shipping.

Once the bags came in it took them nearly a week to get me a tracking number (I assume they just create a label via UPS online), and nearly another week until they actually shipped it out. They got the bags in from their factory on the 5th and I just received them today. 

All in all I'm happy with my purchases, and would do it all again. They fit great as as far as I can tell, they are great quality. But I figured I'd share my experience with them so you know what to expect. 

I'll be doing the Cascade Loop this weekend, so I'll give an update on Monday when I return. 

0_received_586680881739368.jpeg

Jmbuschschulte
On 6/6/2019 at 6:30 AM, robbo10 said:

I have emailed them to see if they do one for fhe MT-07 (it is not an option on their website).

Their number is 1-888-SHADUSA if you are interested in calling them.

Did they get back to you about the seat?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Jmbuschschulte said:

When I was trying to get Shad hard cases , I called the SHADUSA # you listed to ask them if the bags were actually in stock since I'd heard many horror stories about them listed as in stock then immediately getting email that they're back ordered after they've already charged your card.

Now understand that 888# rings in their Miami office/distribution center and in the three days of waiting for them to call down to the warehouse and ask someone.... too lazy to walk down their themselves.... No one could tell me if they had the bags and or the mounting kit in stock. I called twice a day for the three days trying to get an answer. I finally gave up. and ordered them from a Shad dealer in England where I was promptly shipped everything I needed.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

8 hours ago, Jmbuschschulte said:

They did not get back to me. Too lazy it would seem?  It was out of interest rather than need for me.  I thought others might like to know too.

Just do it! 

FWIW, this the uk website: 

I have asked them if they propose a seat for the MT-07 as they do not list one.

Edit- PS   They replied to say that they do not have a compatible seat for the 07 and there is no proposal for one this eason.

Edited by robbo10

Just do it! 

• Premium Member

I ended up ordering mine from Amazon.uk . They had the cheapest price with shipping that I could find.

I paid less for shipping from UK than SHADUSA wanted to ship within the state of Florida.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Welcome and congrats! I've thought about getting one of those more than once but could never pull the trigger. I use an old school tank bag now that is a little smaller than that and because of the way it secures it can move around a little and if it moves forward it can block my view to the display, which can be annoying. That Shad tank bag looks like it's taller than mine and so far forward it would block the view even worse or is that an illusion? I imagine a taller rider might not have the same problem if they can peek over it. Do you have trouble seeing your display with it on?

Beemer