The MT-07 Forum

Corbin Gunfighter

djfz07

Just installed my Corbin seat and it's awesome!  I realize there are several other Corbin posts out there but I figured I'd add my input and pics as well.

Install was simple.  It hooks underneath the metal fuel tank (not the factory seat hook) at the front and attaches using the factory rear seat latch.  When I first installed it, I had to push down pretty hard on the rear to get it to latch.  I added 2 small washers under the hook at the rear to make it latch a little easier and now it's perfect.  The fit and finish is impressive and I like the looks of the seat much more than I was expecting to.

I'm 6/2 and 215lbs and I have about 350ish miles on the seat now and the first thing I noticed is that it adds a noticeable amount of height over the factory seat (and even the Seat Concepts seat this is replacing).  I'm now leaned a little more forward now.  I wasn't expecting that but luckily I happen to have taller replacement handlebars laying around that I'll install to help get myself more upright again.  The height seems to come from the added shape to the front of the seat where it meets the tank.  Much more material here than stock.  The seat has a nice curve at the rear of the front seat that, as others have mentioned, works nice to hold you in place during hard acceleration.  The seat still allows easy maneuvering from side to side for spirited riding although that will likely be different with other seat coverings.  I can say though that the seat shape doesn't impede side-to-side movement.  I have the Gunfighter model which has a smaller profile at the rear as compared to their more pillion-friendly Gunfighter and Lady version.  I don't take passengers but I'm willing to bet that my seat is much more comfy than the stock rear seat.  Another thing to note about the rear is that it is nice and flat making it easy to strap a tailbag to it which I like.

Ballparking the amount of time before I started feeling some discomfort on each seat goes something like this:  stock seat = 1hr or so, Seat Concepts foam and cover replacement = 1.5-2hrs, Corbin = 3+hrs so far.  Of course these are my findings and everybody will have different results but I can comfortably go a full tank of gas now without squirming around in the seat.  I should mention that even once I start to feel some discomfort, it stays manageable now and I'm finding that I really don't need to move around like I did with the previous seats.    Things may change as the seat breaks in and I'll keep this post updated on any new info.

I ordered the seat here as they had the best prices I could find: https://biohazardcycles.com/corbin-y-fz7-14-g-gunfighter-saddle-seat-fz07-fz-07/

Seat showed up about 3 weeks later.  The options I went with are:  Black Carbon Fiber for the seat, tail, and welt.  Asphalt Vinyl for the sides.  Black stitching and logo.

On to the pics,

corbin1.thumb.jpeg.239687864548e53062f67afbbc2563fe.jpeg

corbin2.thumb.jpeg.72a153cb01a9f923e84a7a61305dfb98.jpeg

corbin3.thumb.jpeg.be50ac48eac441fccabcfbed42aa5ba0.jpeg

corbin4.thumb.jpeg.33f422af08f02a086026296e70b4b697.jpeg

• Like 9

Hannibal802

Nice find on the price, I was going back and forth between Yamaha Comfort, Seat Comforts DIY, and the Corbin. If I can get it for $415, I think I might just spend the extra here and do it right once.Nice find on the price, I was going back and forth between Yamaha Comfort, Seat Comforts DIY, and the Corbin. If I can get it for $415, I think I might just spend the extra here and do it right once.

• 7 months later...

What an awesome review! Thanks for the details. I'm trying to decide between the seat concepts and the Corbin myself. I'm also 6'2". And I find that my legs get a little cramped on longer rides as well as my butt killing me. Does the Corbin make a big difference for your leg room?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Css58 said:

What an awesome review! Thanks for the details. I'm trying to decide between the seat concepts and the Corbin myself. I'm also 6'2". And I find that my legs get a little cramped on longer rides as well as my butt killing me. Does the Corbin make a big difference for your leg room?

Not with my 30in inseam. I can still flat foot just as well as I ever did. But it sure is more comfortable. Though don't expect a Corbin saddle to turn it into something Goldwing comfortable.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Of the 3 Corbins I have sat on/rode with across 3 different bikes all moved the rider up & back, although the FZ was the least so of the 3 by far (probably because the stock two seat/tail arrangement puts a limit on it).

• 5 months later...
  • Global Moderator

I dropped a detailed review of the Gunfighter over at the XSR700 Forum. It has interesting info about quality of materials and fitment of seat base, locking hardware, etc even though the seat is not same on XSR.

Product as ordered (and used in this review) Gunfighter & Lady...

Edited by Pursuvant
Clarify seats are not interchangeable
  • Like 1