Sign in to follow this  
vcyclenut

added Graves exhuast

vcyclenut

ive been a long time user of Graves.  On a motor with this configuration(inline twin) there is not going to be much difference in performance between systems but my goals with this bike include making it as light as possible so the titanium system fits this goal. 

I am also a huge fan of Graves quality and feel good about supporting a true American made system 

The easiest full system I have ever installed on a bike and the sounds is pure eargasmic!  one of the best sounding bikes ive ever owned.  

graves mt07.jpg

• Like 7

pwr2wh8

very nice! sound clip?

you planning to use a fuel controller or is the stock ecu able to compensate?

Chomorro

That is an expensive piece!  I have heard them on ninjas and they sound awesome.

7fold

+1 on the sound clip! I've really only seen a few clips on youtube with the Graves setup but soooooo many more of the Akra pipe and the price is pretty comparable.

norcal616

I have the Graves Exhaust on my FJ-09( Tracer900) and can vouch for quality and workmanship... But Graves is one of the very very few I have seen that taper/step the header pipes, midpipe vs just sliding two pipe together via a thick weld in the aftermarket world vs a hand built fancy factory rider was only exhaust piece... with Graves you get far more(workmanship, the R&D, quality, technical technology,etc) for the price vs paying a premium for the "Akra" name in my opinion... 

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

414RiderInThe303

I have a 2019 MT07 and have had the Graves complete exhaust in my "cart" since the second week of March.

+ 2 for the sound clip! I'm ready to pull the trigger on it... BUT...I know you need to tune/flash the ECU after changing the exhaust.

I think that one of the on bike flash kits or bench flash kits would be the way to go seeing as how all O2 sensors interact with the ECU in real time to make adjustments these days(Ruling out the self learning or self adjusting O2 sets).

I have a few questions for you on what you used post installation and would love any + all feedback from other people who have done research on this.

What brand/style did you use, how do you like it, what would you go with if you could do it again?

Thanks!

vcyclenut

I used an ecu flash,  the o2 sensor does not give feedback like you think.  It is purely an emissions device and is only active at light throttle and lower rpm.  for best results it should be disabled.   The stock o2 sensor is narrow band and is not capable of doing what you think it is doing.  Do  not compare modern automobiles to motorcycles.  Modern cars have wideband o2 sensors and work like you are thinking the bike does.

the flash tune software does not support o2 disable but the woolich software does

208MT07

I was really torn between the Graves and the Akra Ti when I bought mine. In the end I went with the Akra purely due to the underbody position of the muffler as I feel it makes the bike look cleaner. 

414RiderInThe303

Vcyclenut - You're spot on with the confusion. With a background in automotive, I assumed the bike O2 sensors operated the same way.

208MT07 - I was considering the Akra because of the clean look but ultimately liked the sound better from the Graves clips I have seen.  I was on the fence as well.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll post a clip of the exhaust once it's all done!