The MT-07 Forum

New to me FZ07 purchased

Chomorro

Hello everyone from San Diego CA.

I have some reading to do.  Purchased a used fz07 today rode it home and realized the front rim is wobbling like crazy.  Go to look for parts and I dont see why one rim is 2014 to 2015 and another is 2015 to 2018? They look identical.

My 2016 fz07 needs some replacing parts and I'm not sure why there are different part numbers!

• Premium Member

Newer years have ABS which requires a "sensor ring" on the wheel hub... Traction Control ( depending on model) also uses the same "sensor ring".  

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

there might be another issue, check wheel alignment, and get wheels checked they might need some weights to balance

2 hours ago, adamo said:

there might be another issue, check wheel alignment, and get wheels checked they might need some weights to balance

I will try this first today. And see what the shop says.

Anyone help my identity the circle parts? Cant find them on bike bandit. 

I did find an Ebay rear wheel adjustment bracket with built in spindle holder.  Made in China lol

Screenshot_20190604-070801_Gallery-800x389.jpg

Screenshot_20190604-070624_Gallery-600x1233.jpg

Screenshot_20190604-070727_Gallery-600x1233.jpg

Found the part numbers, cant find any used for a cheaper price then new which sucks but hopefully I can get lucky.

A bent rim not only indicates it hit a curb or pothole but it could've been in a wreck also. Just to be on the safe side I would have a good mechanic check the forks and other things to see if anything else was bent/damaged so you don't get any unexpected surprises that could possibly put you in jeopardy.

• Like 1

Beemer

37 minutes ago, Beemer said:

A bent rim not only indicates it hit a curb or pothole but it could've been in a wreck also. Just to be on the safe side I would have a good mechanic check the forks and other things to see if anything else was bent/damaged so you don't get any unexpected surprises that could possibly put you in jeopardy.

I left it at the mechanic to do a full inspection the next day I bought it.  He cant tell me if it's more then the rim until he gets a straight one he said.  So crossing fingers it's just a rim.  It was in a 15mph dump but just had some slider and plastic scrapes. And hitting a pothole was disclosed to me.

I will know next week!

• Like 1