Sign in to follow this  
Stephenms

Aftermarket OEM Headlight

Stephenms

https://www.amazon.com/Atoplite-Original-Designed-Headlight-Motocycle/dp/B07GQ9QGSM

So I had posted about this headlight a while back and couldnt find anyone who's installed it or seen it in person.

Now that it's been some time I'd like to ask once more.  They have released some actual use and product usage videos to show the headlight. It's a full LED projector with DRL/turn signals intigrated. Is anyone interested or know anyone with these? I have found them much much cheaper than the Amazon price. Just curious, I'm seriously debating on buying one?

Redempire

Really thinking about doing either this or one of the angel eye retrofits for the FZ09 pre 2017 into the FZ

• Like 1

Stephenms

If you do get this hesdlight let me know. I'll do the same. Knowing myself I'll have this thing in two weeks

Beemer

It is rather expensive but very nice, would you mind putting up the link to the less expensive one? Thanks! Here's a video on the light in case anyone is interested in seeing it's performance. I wish I knew how many lumens it put out but it looks plenty bright enough in the vid.

Beemer

Chomorro

What was the price you found elsewhere? 

Stephenms
Posted (edited)

I've combined a few other wholesalers of the light and they said it's a 2100 lumen low beam light, the high beam is upwards of 3-3.5k lumens. 2100 is plenty bright compared to the 700 lumen halogen that is stock.

i can't seem to find the original cheap seller online but eBay has wholesalers selling them for around $280-300. Which is plenty better than the Amazon post directly from atoplite. I'm about to order an eBay one here in a day or so, I'm hooked on these.

Edited by Stephenms

topazsparrow

that highbeam light looks like a concentrated spot light in that video!

Yamaoldster

Month or so ago I ordered this light from ebay for 2018 MT07.  It was ok but I returned it because the connector for running light (one wire) did not match the bike connector. I could have kept it and rewired but for the price sent it back. Looking at latest pictures looks like they may have changed connector to match bike.

s-l1000.jpg

For 14-18 Yamaha MT 07 MT07 FZ07. For Yamaha MT 07 FZ 07 MT07 MT-07 FZ-07 2014-2017. 1 x Black LED Headlight for Yamaha. Type:LED...

Stephenms
Posted (edited)

The DRL (middle light on OE, corner lights on this unit) is a plug and play just like the headlight connector is. I believe they do make one specifically for 2018 models which do have a different DRL connector, I believe they're a two wire connector, not 1.

The only thing that would be to be wired in are the turn signals, if you want them. You can just piggyback off the current turn signal wires.

I appreciate the response though, this is good info. Was the light fairly bright? Good even beam or did it scatter the light? I'd love to know how long these might last

Edited by Stephenms