The MT-07 Forum

Aftermarket OEM Headlight

Stephenms

https://www.amazon.com/Atoplite-Original-Designed-Headlight-Motocycle/dp/B07GQ9QGSM

So I had posted about this headlight a while back and couldnt find anyone who's installed it or seen it in person.

Now that it's been some time I'd like to ask once more.  They have released some actual use and product usage videos to show the headlight. It's a full LED projector with DRL/turn signals intigrated. Is anyone interested or know anyone with these? I have found them much much cheaper than the Amazon price. Just curious, I'm seriously debating on buying one?

UPDATE BELOW 7/03/2019

Edited by Stephenms

Really thinking about doing either this or one of the angel eye retrofits for the FZ09 pre 2017 into the FZ

• Like 1

If you do get this hesdlight let me know. I'll do the same. Knowing myself I'll have this thing in two weeks

It is rather expensive but very nice, would you mind putting up the link to the less expensive one? Thanks! Here's a video on the light in case anyone is interested in seeing it's performance. I wish I knew how many lumens it put out but it looks plenty bright enough in the vid.

Beemer

I've combined a few other wholesalers of the light and they said it's a 2100 lumen low beam light, the high beam is upwards of 3-3.5k lumens. 2100 is plenty bright compared to the 700 lumen halogen that is stock.

i can't seem to find the original cheap seller online but eBay has wholesalers selling them for around $280-300. Which is plenty better than the Amazon post directly from atoplite. I'm about to order an eBay one here in a day or so, I'm hooked on these.

Edited by Stephenms

Yamaoldster

Month or so ago I ordered this light from ebay for 2018 MT07.  It was ok but I returned it because the connector for running light (one wire) did not match the bike connector. I could have kept it and rewired but for the price sent it back. Looking at latest pictures looks like they may have changed connector to match bike.

s-l1000.jpg

For 14-18 Yamaha MT 07 MT07 FZ07. For Yamaha MT 07 FZ 07 MT07 MT-07 FZ-07 2014-2017. 1 x Black LED Headlight for Yamaha. Type:LED...

The DRL (middle light on OE, corner lights on this unit) is a plug and play just like the headlight connector is. I believe they do make one specifically for 2018 models which do have a different DRL connector, I believe they're a two wire connector, not 1.

The only thing that would be to be wired in are the turn signals, if you want them. You can just piggyback off the current turn signal wires.

I appreciate the response though, this is good info. Was the light fairly bright? Good even beam or did it scatter the light? I'd love to know how long these might last

Edited by Stephenms

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: So I finally went out and purchased this headlight and I'm fairly impressed. It is extremely bright with a very even beam. Down here in florida it gets bright pretty early and on occasion I was still able to see the beam on the road while I was riding to work. The highbeam unfortunately is basically a spotlight, not an even beam, which I guess isn't a bad thing. The DRLs look nice and also very bright. The housing is glass and plastic is a darker black than OE. I took it out last night and there is a small amount of reflection towards the top but not enough to blind anybody.

The light itself doesn't get hot at all nor does the heat sink on the back.

The box comes with extra wire for the turn signals, longer OE bolts for the turn signal mount, and the headlight. 

The only gripe so far is there's no way to adjust the light. It does feel slightly to low, possibly quarter to half an inch higher would be better. I contacted the manufacturer and they recommended installing washers on the mounting plate IF NEEDED. It is leveled at the assembly location and should show up ready to go.

I like the headlight but the more I think about it the more I think it could be a PITA if something goes wrong with it because it's a little complicated, as far as headlights go.

Beemer

I get what you're saying and I agree. But I bought one on eBay for $300 on the dot with a 2 year warranty. Other reviews from this company have been nothing but good things about their LEDs and housings. The BMW Housing they have is one of their most popular, it uses the same low beam strip as the FZ.

Im obviously saving my OE headlight in case something does happen.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone with this headlight have gripes with the high beams? I'm torn between this and the Retrofit Lab HID kit. I'd rather purchase this headlight as it's drop-in and I wouldn't need to find a location for a ballast.

• 5 months later...

I believe @DewMan has one on his bike, maybe he can chime in on it. The only bad thing I've heard about it is the beam isn't adjustable.

Beemer

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Beemer said:

I believe @DewMan has one on his bike, maybe he can chime in on it. The only bad thing I've heard about it is the beam isn't adjustable.

Here's my recent remarks on the atoplite:

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.