The MT-07 Forum

Greetings from the land of beer and cheese!!

tsplitt23

Hello from Wisconsin everyone!! Just bought a stock 2016 FZ07 a couple months ago.  Absolutely love everything about it!!  Of course there were a few necessary modifications that I had to make.😁  So now that I have been turning a wrench, this makes me a customizer!!  thanks Jake the garden snake!  And thanks to everyone on this forum!  Whenever I have had a question about anything to do with my bike, I have referenced these posts.  Great stuff happening here!!   Here is a list of all mods that I have done thus far.  

• K&N air filter and snorkel delete
  • License plate fender eliminator w/LED blinkers   
  • 10 mm mirror riser adapters
  • Motion Pro R-6 throttle tube
  • Short brake and clutch levers
  • Protective radiator guard
  • Yoshimura R-77 full exhaust system
  • ECU flash by 2Wheeldynoworks
  • Custom seats with two toned carbon fiber top and race blue stitching
  • Beamtech LED headlight
  • Silver satin vinyl wrap by Avery Dennison

T

IMG_0087.jpg.718050eb17ac34390abfd9643dc91914.jpgIMG_0204.jpg.753354bcae8d94123723b1726b77ff7f.jpgIMG_0207.jpg.d601e654725706f957778eb884b4ec8f.jpgIMG_0202.jpg.a16f68c2889c2c6343d597013d43e450.jpgIMG_0223.jpg.6cdc56026c4cce0e7e5568da15799f18.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Sweet ride and nice mods! Which mod would you say has been your favorite so far?

I came here expecting beer & cheese, I got robbed!

Ha! Hey, welcome, congrats and nice bike there! Have you looked at the TST taillights? Awesome taillights, dude!

Beemer

10 hours ago, Benh972 said:

Sweet ride and nice mods! Which mod would you say has been your favorite so far?

I would have to say the yoshimura exhaust is my favorite mod to date.  It has just this incredible roar when u snap the throttle.  But you can also ride it quietly if you accelerate more slowly.  It honestly sounds better than I expected.  So I bought the performance package from 2wheeldynoworks for $915 where you get an ecu flash and the yosh exhaust.  I put in the newly flashed ecu at the same time I was doing the exhaust.  When I rode the bike for the first time after those two things were done, I was blown away by the all around performance improvement.  The bike is on steroids now lol.  So i guess there is actually two mods i really like!!

13 hours ago, Beemer said:

I came here expecting beer & cheese, I got robbed!

Ha! Hey, welcome, congrats and nice bike there! Have you looked at the TST taillights? Awesome taillights, dude!

Hey man, glad you like my bike!  Visit the beautiful state of Wisconsin and you will have all the beer and cheese you can handle!  I just checked out those integrated taillights from TST.  Pretty sharp looking.  Do people ever keep their rear turn signals with the integrated taillight?  Or does that look kind of goofy when your turn signal is on..?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

Welcome! Good looking bike!

Thanks a lot!!  I appreciate the love!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, tsplitt23 said:

I just checked out those integrated taillights from TST.  Pretty sharp looking.  Do people ever keep their rear turn signals with the integrated taillight?  Or does that look kind of goofy when your turn signal is on..? 

I kept my turn signals when I installed the TST. I don't find it goofy looking... though I can't guarantee other's don't. 

But not a concern. The only person I need to please is me. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

10 hours ago, tsplitt23 said:

Hey man, glad you like my bike!  Visit the beautiful state of Wisconsin and you will have all the beer and cheese you can handle!  I just checked out those integrated taillights from TST.  Pretty sharp looking.  Do people ever keep their rear turn signals with the integrated taillight?  Or does that look kind of goofy when your turn signal is on..?

Not everyone thinks alike so with that in mind I have to say that as far as a cleaner, sharper looking bike goes the bike is just that with the TST alone but then there becomes the question about visibility to others. Personally, I would sacrifice a little of the cool looks for my safety and keep the other signals in place. I have the TST light myself and personally, I don't feel 100% about people seeing that small, integrated, unseparated turn signal, especially on a bright day at distance. I'm currently looking to put regular rear turn signals back on mine because my gut tells me to do so. It's a personal thing, do whatever you think is best or pleases you.

• Like 1

Beemer

18 hours ago, DewMan said:

I kept my turn signals when I installed the TST. I don't find it goofy looking... though I can't guarantee other's don't. 

But not a concern. The only person I need to please is me. 👍

Safety before looks.  That how I roll too.  That TST light is next on my list.  Thanks DewMan✌️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beemer said:

Not everyone thinks alike so with that in mind I have to say that as far as a cleaner, sharper looking bike goes the bike is just that with the TST alone but then there becomes the question about visibility to others. Personally, I would sacrifice a little of the cool looks for my safety and keep the other signals in place. I have the TST light myself and personally, I don't feel 100% about people seeing that small, integrated, unseparated turn signal, especially on a bright day at distance. I'm currently looking to put regular rear turn signals back on mine because my gut tells me to do so. It's a personal thing, do whatever you think is best or pleases you.

I appreciate the advice Beemer!  I will be leaving my turn signals on.  Safety is numero uno!!

• Like 1