Sign in to follow this  
Beemer

Drunk Driver

Beemer

Stay frosty out there!

Beemer

7fold

See...things like this make me furious. If you have money to go out and get hammered, you have money to take an Uber or a Lyft home. There really is no excuse for getting behind the wheel while intoxicated. I actually lost one of my friends a few years back because some drunk moron managed to get on the an exit ramp going the wrong way causing a head-on collision. And the drunk driver walked away a-okay.

I find it even worse lately because it's not even just alcohol anymore. Now you've got people driving around after shooting/sniffing heroin and passing out at the wheel. It's incredible.

Definitely keep your head on a swivel while on the road.

• Like 1

scat2me
6 hours ago, Beemer said:

Stay frosty out there!

And the driver that's filming is not wearing a seatbelt. look at the dashboard light at 0:27

rider

As a LEO, I pulled or helped pull quite a few barely alive/dying/dead people out of vehicles involved in crashes caused by an intoxicated driver while the idiot that caused it is walking around wondering what happened (like the driver in the video trying to start his car).  I've pulled from babies up to great-grandmothers bodies out trying to see if we could save them.  Sometimes you can, sometimes not.

The anger I felt towards the driver was almost blinding.  But, somehow, cops manage to not shoot/strangle/beat the pulp out of them right then and there (sometimes by the skin of their teeth with my Irish temper). 

Then I had the most miserable task in the world, which is to go inform the spouse, parents, etc... that their loved one is dead.  More than once I've been to a home where a wife (now widow) and their children were waiting supper for Daddy to come home and eat.  The food is staying warm in the kitchen, the table is set for what is now one to many.  The wife somehow always knows something is up when she opens the door, you can see it on her face.   Want to see a cop's tears?  Talk to him after one of these calls.  I'd rather have done just about anything than that part of the job.

If you go out drinking, have fun.  Nothing wrong with that.  But if you or anyone else thinks that maybe you should call for a ride, then CALL FOR A RIDE or stay where you're at if possible.   A $50.00 charge for a ride is exponentially less than a DWI or Intoxicated Manslaughter charge (and the civil suits and guilt that can go along with them). Call a taxi service, a lot of companies drive drunks home at no charge if they cannot pay.  A few police departments and sheriff's offices have programs to get drunks home safely (there just has to be a responsible, sober party there to take charge of them when they get home).

Be a kid while the party's going on, but be a grownup when the party's over.

Please, be responsible when you drink.

• Like 2

Beemer
4 hours ago, scat2me said:

And the driver that's filming is not wearing a seatbelt. look at the dashboard light at 0:27

I do that sometimes, it's no big deal.

Beemer

Beemer
1 hour ago, rider said:

As a LEO, I pulled or helped pull quite a few barely alive/dying/dead people out of vehicles involved in crashes caused by an intoxicated driver while the idiot that caused it is walking around wondering what happened (like the driver in the video trying to start his car).  I've pulled from babies up to great-grandmothers bodies out trying to see if we could save them.  Sometimes you can, sometimes not.

The anger I felt towards the driver was almost blinding.  But, somehow, cops manage to not shoot/strangle/beat the pulp out of them right then and there (sometimes by the skin of their teeth with my Irish temper). 

Then I had the most miserable task in the world, which is to go inform the spouse, parents, etc... that their loved one is dead.  More than once I've been to a home where a wife (now widow) and their children were waiting supper for Daddy to come home and eat.  The food is staying warm in the kitchen, the table is set for what is now one to many.  The wife somehow always knows something is up when she opens the door, you can see it on her face.   Want to see a cop's tears?  Talk to him after one of these calls.  I'd rather have done just about anything than that part of the job.

If you go out drinking, have fun.  Nothing wrong with that.  But if you or anyone else thinks that maybe you should call for a ride, then CALL FOR A RIDE or stay where you're at if possible.   A $50.00 charge for a ride is exponentially less than a DWI or Intoxicated Manslaughter charge (and the civil suits and guilt that can go along with them). Call a taxi service, a lot of companies drive drunks home at no charge if they cannot pay.  A few police departments and sheriff's offices have programs to get drunks home safely (there just has to be a responsible, sober party there to take charge of them when they get home).

Be a kid while the party's going on, but be a grownup when the party's over.

Please, be responsible when you drink.

When I lived in Austin, Tx. I was always going out with friends to clubs, the Saxon Pub on South Lamar being my favorite dive close by and since we always knew we would get pretty buzzed we simply split the tab for a cab which usually cost each person what one premium beer cost. 

• Thanks 1

Beemer

scat2me
7 hours ago, Beemer said:

I do that sometimes, it's no big deal.

Well, the seatbelt is there for a reason. Granted it's not as serious as drunk driving however if you have ever lost a friend or relative because they weren't wearing their seat belt it is a big deal.