The MT-07 Forum

Quietest aftermarket exhaust

Jonnyaust

So I have a cheap AliExpress full system it’s way to loud it ecos in my helmet and I have 2 dbkillers in it.  I’m just wondering if anyone knows the quietest exhaust for the bike. Been thinking maybe a yoshi exhaust  ont really want to spend 1000 on an akra ti

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Jonnyaust said:

So I have a cheap AliExpress full system it’s way to loud it ecos in my helmet and I have 2 dbkillers in it.  I’m just wondering if anyone knows the quietest exhaust for the bike. Been thinking maybe a yoshi exhaust  ont really want to spend 1000 on an akra ti

The quietest exhaust would be the factory original pipes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

FZ07R WaNaB
3 hours ago, DewMan said:

The quietest exhaust would be the factory original pipes.

Ditto on this...

OK, so I have a different philosphy on this. I do believe that loud pipes save lives, but I'm not into making my bike so obvious for both the police issue as well as my badass exhaust screaming "steal my bike".

I also really like my bike to sound badass, but that goes back to the police/theft issue. Let's not forget totally pissing off your neighbors too. Then there is the deafness thing 😵

I am a firm believer that the aftermarket exhaust makes the bike sound THE most badass when you are at idle up to maybe 2000-3000 rpm.

So where am I going with this... About 1.5 years ago I switched from the stock air filter to a MWR foam air filter. I'm running this with the snorkel removed and a 2WDW flash. All of this with a stock exhaust. When I first got the flash, I ran with the OEM air filter with no snorkel. I couldn't stand the suck sound from the intake which was louder than my exhaust. When I got the MWR (thank you Bellissimoto), that all changed. MY FZ sounds pretty good from idle up to 4000-5000 rpm. The cool thing about that is the you, the rider, can hear it really well but people around you can't notice much difference at all.

So the question you have to ask yourself, which is more important, your bike sounding cool to you or other people? Sure you could say both, but then you have the inherent BS that goes with the loud pipes.

Told ya it's a bit different thought

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonnyaust said:

Why in the hell would you put an untested Chinese Ali Express exhaust on your MT-07?  Did a facebook group give you that advice? Rip that crap off your sweet bike and it may forgive you someday.  A lot of those cheap Ali express exhaust kits actually reduce horsepower lower than stock. 

Put the stock exhaust back on if you want to reduce the noise level. Your Neighbors will thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

Why in the hell would you put an untested Chinese Ali Express exhaust on your MT-07?  Did a facebook group give you that advice? Rip that crap off your sweet bike and it may forgive you someday.  A lot of those cheap Ali express exhaust kits actually reduce horsepower lower than stock. 

Put the stock exhaust back on if you want to reduce the noise level. Your Neighbors will thank you.

I wanted noise it was 80$ lol idc about my neighbors they hated me before my bike I have a straight piped and cammed st. I just wanted to know if anyone had any decibel readings on exhaust I want something thats just not that loud that won’t break the bank I’m not putting stock back on I would rather sell the bike 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kylerhsm said:

The only quiet exhaust that is also cheap is the stock exhaust. Otherwise, it's Akra TI with baffle.

Agreed but I don't think he's going to want to spend $8-900 for an Akra Ti.

But I love my Akra Ti. It gives the bike growl without being douchebag loud.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

12 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Agreed but I don't think he's going to want to spend $8-900 for an Akra Ti.

But I love my Akra Ti. It gives the bike growl without being douchebag loud.

Yea I don’t really wanna spend that think I’m just going to get the yoshi cause it doesn’t seem that loud and it’s a good price and still looks ok 

My Black Widow 200 mm stainless steel (w/ blue race tip) exhaust with the baffle installed (via Ebay, model SL20R, $402 delivered in 3 days from Britain to the U.S.!) is surprisingly non-obnoxious in volume, but fantastic in tone.  Lots of YouTube videos available with examples of both baffle out and in for the 200mm cans to give an idea, and I can't recommend it enough....

5 hours ago, zooman72 said:

My Black Widow 200 mm stainless steel (w/ blue race tip) exhaust with the baffle installed (via Ebay, model SL20R, $402 delivered in 3 days from Britain to the U.S.!) is surprisingly non-obnoxious in volume, but fantastic in tone.  Lots of YouTube videos available with examples of both baffle out and in for the 200mm cans to give an idea, and I can't recommend it enough....

I looked at those too. I scored a yoshi for 550 came in 1 day sounds great so far haven’t riden it yet cause of all the rain but sounds quieter then my other exhaust already and I haven’t put the baffle in yet 

47 minutes ago, Jonnyaust said:

I looked at those too. I scored a yoshi for 550 came in 1 day sounds great so far haven’t riden it yet cause of all the rain but sounds quieter then my other exhaust already and I haven’t put the baffle in yet 

I considered the Yosh at first too, but liked that the B.W. was more "tucked in" (and let's be honest, less $$$) - the Yosh is still a nice pick, and what I would have went with if not for the B.W.....

The Two Brothers has a couple choices of attenuators.  I like the stronger one.  Bike has a lot more snarl than stock (weighs less, too) but doesn't set off car alarms in the parking lot.

On 5/31/2019 at 2:08 AM, zooman72 said:

I considered the Yosh at first too, but liked that the B.W. was more "tucked in" (and let's be honest, less $$$) - the Yosh is still a nice pick, and what I would have went with if not for the B.W.....

I agree my other was tucked and looked badass but my ears and guys a ride with weren’t a fan 

On 6/1/2019 at 4:35 PM, Jonnyaust said:

I agree my other was tucked and looked badass but my ears and guys a ride with weren’t a fan 

Well, the difference between the AliExpress offerings and the Black Widow exhausts are "night and day", so it is not surprising you had issues with it - hopefully you find the Yosh to be what you were going for, and no matter what else, it will be a lot better than your first one!

Edited by zooman72

On 6/3/2019 at 4:55 PM, zooman72 said:

Well, the difference between the AliExpress offerings and the Black Widow exhausts are "night and day", so it is not surprising you had issues with it - hopefully you find the Yosh to be what you were going for, and no matter what else, it will be a lot better than your first one!

The yosh sounds a lot better so I’m a lot happier with it 

• Like 1