The MT-07 Forum

Help with choosing MT07 windscreen

Rich1950

HI  Just got my 2018 MT 07   I have scoured the internet for windshields.  I am looking for a sporty 16' to 20"  high shield.

I like the dark  (Black, Grey, Smoke shields) eg.   nose screen ermax for MT 07(FZ 7) 2018/2019  39 cm (15.3 inches)

Has anybody tried this windscreen ??   I need a screen for traveling Arizona.  Do the universal wind screens actually

work on the MT 07 ,The handlebars have very little space, also Ebay shows a couple  universal attach windscreens.

s-l1000.jpg

Windshield thickness: 2.5mm. YAMAHA MT-07 2018-2019. YAMAHA FZ-07 2018-2019. -You can install directly on your bike...
s-l1000.jpg

Windshield Windscreen Rake Adjust Wind Deflector Resistant Universal Motorcycle. 1 x windscreen and Hardware. Any comments on these screens

any other alternatives ?  or advice     Thanks

I bought a $44  delivered screen off Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windshield-Windscreen-Wind-Shield-Protector-For-2018-2019-Yamaha-FZ-07-MT-07-E/233138599892?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=532622360081&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It bolted right up, and the quality looks plenty good for the money.  I like the way it looks on the bike, too.  I've noticed it's easier to turn my head at speed, but I also notice a good bit more wind noise.   I could stand for the airflow to be a bit higher still, especially on the interstate at 75 mph or so.  I plan to experiment with one of those adjustable extensions.

Sarah

• Premium Member
On 5/23/2019 at 7:21 AM, greer said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windshield-Windscreen-Wind-Shield-Protector-For-2018-2019-Yamaha-FZ-07-MT-07-E/233138599892?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=532622360081&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It bolted right up, and the quality looks plenty good for the money.  I like the way it looks on the bike, too.  I've noticed it's easier to turn my head at speed, but I also notice a good bit more wind noise.   I could stand for the airflow to be a bit higher still, especially on the interstate at 75 mph or so.  I plan to experiment with one of those adjustable extensions.

Sarah

That looks a lot like the Puig touring screen, not a bad price either! 

In general, I've noticed that the most effective windscreens (effective at actually moving wind and quieting the wind noise) are those that are tall and use the second spoiler near the top. Unfortunately, on a bike like this, they don't really look as nice...

On 5/23/2019 at 6:21 AM, greer said:

Sarah

Would you by any chance have a photo of how it looks onto the bike?

Thanks, 

John

I know this contraption doesn't look the best, but it works very well.  The little extension was $21.95 delivered off Ebay, and got here in a couple of days.  It has a wide range of adjustment for height and tilt, and seems ridiculously well made for the money, but I suppose only time will tell.  Anyhow, it took all the pressure off my collar without buffeting my helmet and that's exactly what I was looking for.  I do notice more wind noise, but I expected that.

Sarah

Wintersdark
On 5/27/2019 at 8:42 AM, Terry_b said:

That looks a lot like the Puig touring screen, not a bad price either! 

In general, I've noticed that the most effective windscreens (effective at actually moving wind and quieting the wind noise) are those that are tall and use the second spoiler near the top. Unfortunately, on a bike like this, they don't really look as nice...

It's exactly like the Puig, a direct copy.  Works fine, $40 shipped.  

Wintersdark
On 5/27/2019 at 8:46 AM, John.W said:

Would you by any chance have a photo of how it looks onto the bike?

Thanks, 

John

Another photo of it, but the darker smoke version.

VoOsIB2.jpg