The MT-07 Forum

How far down the Rabbit Hole will I go?

pgeldz

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, pgeldz said:

Yes...my thoughts are that the new custom triple I'm having made for the stock 41mm forks should hopefully solve this problem!

:)

- Paul

Share photos when done.  I may want one this fall.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, blackout said:

Share photos when done.  I may want one this fall.

For sure!  Trying to order up the rest of my bits at the moment so when it all arrives I have stuff to play with, haha.

Need to figure out some small details that take time to get, like my Samco radiator hoses.  The custom camo I had specially made a while back matches the MotoGP theme perfectly, but it won't go with my race livery.  They will most likely be up for sale, as well as my stock MotoGP liveried body panels if anyone is interested.  Probably sell it all as a set...

Fz_Stephen_Fz

On 7/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, pgeldz said:

Probably sell it all as a set...

ohhh myyyyy

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:51 AM, pgeldz said:

Yes...my thoughts are that the new custom triple I'm having made for the stock 41mm forks should hopefully solve this problem!

- Paul

I'm very interested in this. Definitely want to see photos, and would love to buy one if you're selling them.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Nevets said:

I'm very interested in this. Definitely want to see photos, and would love to buy one if you're selling them.

Hopefully I'll have something to show by the end of the month :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

New jewelry showed up on my desk this morning when I got to work...

PROTI Fully Forged Ti64 Titanium Rotor Bolts for the FZ-07 racebike project!

IMAG7305.jpg

I've worked with these guys in the past on my Yamaha XSR900 project, and the quality is unmatched.  Figured I'd use them again for this project since I have new wheels and rotors coming and don't feel like wrestling the old rotor bolts out of the stock wheels, haha.

• Like 4

Haha, you can't dare use those. Look at the display case, it's nicer than anything in my shop.

Race ya ta the bottom...

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Haha, you can't dare use those. Look at the display case, it's nicer than anything in my shop.

Race ya ta the bottom...

Right?!?! I bet I could have saved a bunch of money if they went with less than stellar packaging!

• Premium Member

Those custom Camo Radiator Hoses will need replacing, as they don't go with my race team livery.

Did a little playing with the Samco configurator, and came up with this:

SAMCO FZ-07.jpg

- Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, pgeldz said:

Just got this pic...believe one of those sets is mine !

- Paul

Very nice. I hope some day we get to cross swords on a track. Maybe compare equipment, so to speak. 

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Very nice. I hope some day we get to cross swords on a track. Maybe compare equipment, so to speak. 

For sure!  Your buddy Tom invited me to do some track work with him in your neck of the woods.  I'm always looking for a good road trip, so I just might! :)

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, pgeldz said:

For sure!  Your buddy Tom invited me to do some track work with him in your neck of the woods.  I'm always looking for a good road trip, so I just might! :)

Drag me along with ya,

I need to get out of Phoenix for a bit

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Just now, pgeldz said:

Just now, sorkyah said:

Drag me along with ya,

I need to get out of Phoenix for a bit

The weekend of September 20th-22nd is the season finale 5 hour endurance race on Sunday. 

Paul, I have an open spot on our team and you have a race license.

@sorkyah , I don't have a pit crew yet. 

Just saying. 

Ready, set, GO! IMG_7814-X2-1.thumb.jpg.84e9608b73c8e883ef5960234de062fc.jpg

Pre-race prep,

DSC04529_resized.thumb.JPG.f246ed4181a18d08390bb40fc69d10d7.JPG

Saturday is sprint races, Saturday nite is the BIR world chili championship and beer fest. Sunday we race into glory.

@cornerslider should be there too, pitting for the opposition...

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, mossrider said:

The weekend of September 20th-22nd is the season finale 5 hour endurance race on Sunday. 

Paul, I have an open spot on our team and you have a race license.

Ugg, I'd LOVE to!  But that's the weekend of my first test with my bike (if I can get it finished in time).  If not, the test will come the next weekend, at Round 1 of our series.

:(

On 8/13/2019 at 1:21 PM, pgeldz said:

Just got this pic...believe one of those sets is mine !

- Paul

603837843_68401697_1385896131564602_4124092498870009856_n(1).thumb.jpg.3899233a1eaa534327aacb126f55d90e.jpg

Yeah sure is.  I had originally forgotten the stem so it is trailing behind the first package.  Let me know if you have any questions on installation.  Pretty straight forward but let me know.

• Like 1

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spatt said:

Yeah sure is.  I had originally forgotten the stem so it is trailing behind the first package.  Let me know if you have any questions on installation.  Pretty straight forward but let me know.

Thank you!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Nice 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, fzar said:

What sprockets did you go with @pgeldz 525 or 520? Now that you'll have more power going to the rear.

520, which is what I currently have.

• Premium Member

The new MWR Air Filters dual race pods and Carbonsmith custom velocity stacks, complete with catch can set up neatly hidden by Speed Demon Motorcycles...

IMAG7454.jpg

• Like 6

• Premium Member

Finally!  Gilles and Galespeed showed up today.  Now I just need to find some time to get the build started!

- Paul

IMAG7482.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 11:52 PM, pgeldz said:

The new MWR Air Filters dual race pods and Carbonsmith custom velocity stacks, complete with catch can set up neatly hidden by Speed Demon Motorcycles...

Is that airbox MotoAmerica legal though? I didn't think you could use an additional catch can