The MT-07 Forum

How far down the Rabbit Hole will I go?

pgeldz

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, pgeldz said:

They are similar, but the RR is more track focused with track orientated settings.  I'll find out just exactly what the difference is and report back...

The RR is designed for track bikes. It is 5mm longer, 319mm minimum length, maximum is 329mm. The R is 314mm like the stock shock.,  I think -5/+5mm adjustment.  The RR raises the rear and increases swing arm angle without a modified linkage.  

Ed

• Like 2

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Global Moderator
14 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

The RR is designed for track bikes. It is 5mm longer, 319mm minimum length, maximum is 329mm. The R is 314mm like the stock shock.,  I think -5/+5mm adjustment.  The RR raises the rear and increases swing arm angle without a modified linkage.  

Ed

Thnx Ed

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

Ed

Well,there ya go, haha.  I'm using the RR in conjunction with the Robem Engineering linkage system.  The term "linkage" is not always clear, because the original AP MotoArts "linkage" was just the dog bone part, which is really just a ride height adjuster.  The Robem Solution is 2 pieces - the dog bone, plus the other part where the rear of the shock bolts to.  They work in combination to create a modified swingarm angle and more linear stroke for consistency as I understand it.  @Spatt can elaborate more.

I'll be using this set up, with a 180/60 rear tire so it'll be a little taller as well.  May have to raise the front slightly to match, as the Robem linkage system was designed for around a 317-318 eye-to-eye rear shock length as I recall.

I went this route because some of the tracks I go to are bumpy, and everyone seems to scrape and burn through belly pans, so I figured this would be a good way to mitigate it, while still keeping with similar geometry.

Time will tell, and hope @Spatt will chime in to confirm, or dispute, haha.

- Paul

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, pgeldz said:

Well,there ya go, haha.  I'm using the RR in conjunction with the Robem Engineering linkage system.  The term "linkage" is not always clear, because the original AP MotoArts "linkage" was just the dog bone part, which is really just a ride height adjuster.  The Robem Solution is 2 pieces - the dog bone, plus the other part where the rear of the shock bolts to.  They work in combination to create a modified swingarm angle and more linear stroke for consistency as I understand it.  @Spatt can elaborate more.

I'll be using this set up, with a 180/60 rear tire so it'll be a little taller as well.  May have to raise the front slightly to match, as the Robem linkage system was designed for around a 317-318 eye-to-eye rear shock length as I recall.

I went this route because some of the tracks I go to are bumpy, and everyone seems to scrape and burn through belly pans, so I figured this would be a good way to mitigate it, while still keeping with similar geometry.

Time will tell, and hope @Spatt will chime in to confirm, or dispute, haha.

- Paul

I run my shock at 319 mm with Andy's (AP Motoart) dog bone. My forks are stock height. My bike handles great, steers quickly and is dead stable down the straights. I may consider trying the 180/60 profile.

• Premium Member

Titanium never looked so good!
Although the material took forever to get here (should be called UNobtainium),
Competition Werkes did an incredible job fabbing up this system in no time using their rapid prototyping methods.
What I know so far is that it made over 2hp more than my previous system on the same exact tune.
Next week, we optimize the tune with the full compliment of electronics from RapidBike and dial in the final settings.

73106914_1468401256648738_4759608153845268480_o.thumb.jpg.6060c3103cd1bfb119014776cd55c365.jpg

74370121_1468401319982065_7890263013364596736_n.thumb.jpg.19bca37ece21da603b88d22f1ccb950d.jpg

74214120_1468401226648741_3907227883424186368_n.thumb.jpg.347db2d364fe4b82f1f09faed52d8a18.jpg

:)

- Paul

• Like 7

My new favorite exhaust! Awesome and look forward to seeing how much more you can get out of it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, pgeldz said:

74214120_1468401226648741_3907227883424186368_n.thumb.jpg.347db2d364fe4b82f1f09faed52d8a18.jpg

- Paul

How much HP are you getting out of the speed tape on that seat? 😁

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, 1tondriver said:

My new favorite exhaust! Awesome and look forward to seeing how much more you can get out of it. 

Agreed. WoW.

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

how is that mounted to the bike?

i kinda want this exhaust now......
which sucks, because i dont have anywhere near the amount of money to make that a reality

Man, that's brilliant, how they use small lego-like pieces to layout the final pipe routing!

Neat to see - love this thread.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Damn that's nice!!!!! Can't believe I'm impressed with an exhaust at this point. It's all they talk about on the XSR700 forum lol. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 10/25/2019 at 8:09 PM, sorkyah said:

how is that mounted to the bike?

i kinda want this exhaust now......
which sucks, because i dont have anywhere near the amount of money to make that a reality

Well, I'm trying to advocate for it to be made in Stainless Steel for the masses (instead of Ti), and have it come in at a price point UNDER he competition, so you may just get your wish!

The thing is, I'd have to test fit one on a bone stock bike to see if interferes with the stock bodywork.  I have rearset plates, in addition to the Gilles rearsets, so it should clear stock rearsets (or just about any other rearsets for that matter) no problem.

I've having two of these made (one for a spare), so we'll see...

- Paul

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 11:00 AM, Evill_Ed said:

52 minutes ago, pgeldz said:

- Paul

I know a guy that'd perform destructive field tests for ya...

I'm here to help anyway I can 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

LoL @mossrider

We'll see how it goes.  I really hope it works with the stock tail, because I'd love to see more of these in the field.  Even in Stainless, their welds are immaculate looking!

- Paul

• Premium Member

Looks absolutely awesome!  

To me, stainless makes more sense on a race bike that is gonna see crashes from time to time.   

It sure looks like it will clear the stock tail. 

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Global Moderator
5 hours ago, pgeldz said:

Well, I'm trying to advocate for it to be made in Stainless Steel for the masses (instead of Ti), and have it come in at a price point UNDER he competition, so you may just get your wish!

The thing is, I'd have to test fit one on a bone stock bike to see if interferes with the stock bodywork.  I have rearset plates, in addition to the Gilles rearsets, so it should clear stock rearsets (or just about any other rearsets for that matter) no problem.

- Paul

Sooooo

You're saying you need a bike with stock tail to come visit you ;)

When I get some money I'll head out that way :)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 10/28/2019 at 4:02 PM, sorkyah said:

Sooooo

You're saying you need a bike with stock tail to come visit you ;)

When I get some money I'll head out that way :)

ME TOO, even though I live in Arkansas, just hit I-40 with a trailer!!! Why not.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, pgeldz said:

Lol!

I never say never. I could be there by wednesday if I leave on Monday morning.

• Premium Member
On 10/24/2019 at 11:00 AM, Evill_Ed said:

I may consider trying the 180/60 profile.

Apparently, well so I heard it's the way to go when tracking/racing our bikes!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, pgeldz said:

Now with video!!!

Sounds Great. Nice gain👍🏻

13 hours ago, pgeldz said:

Now with video!!!

Hey Paul, so what were the stats - total horsepower and torque???

You can't just give us a teaser video, and just mentioning a 2.5 hp gain.

Edited by FZ07R WaNaB