Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pgeldz

How far down the Rabbit Hole will I go?

Recommended Posts

blackout
1 hour ago, pgeldz said:

Yes...my thoughts are that the new custom triple I'm having made for the stock 41mm forks should hopefully solve this problem!

:)

- Paul

Share photos when done.  I may want one this fall.


Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz
5 hours ago, blackout said:

Share photos when done.  I may want one this fall.

For sure!  Trying to order up the rest of my bits at the moment so when it all arrives I have stuff to play with, haha.

Need to figure out some small details that take time to get, like my Samco radiator hoses.  The custom camo I had specially made a while back matches the MotoGP theme perfectly, but it won't go with my race livery.  They will most likely be up for sale, as well as my stock MotoGP liveried body panels if anyone is interested.  Probably sell it all as a set...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fz_Stephen_Fz
 
 
 
On 7/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, pgeldz said:

Probably sell it all as a set...

ohhh myyyyy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nevets
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:51 AM, pgeldz said:

Yes...my thoughts are that the new custom triple I'm having made for the stock 41mm forks should hopefully solve this problem!

:)

- Paul

I'm very interested in this. Definitely want to see photos, and would love to buy one if you're selling them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz
2 hours ago, Nevets said:

I'm very interested in this. Definitely want to see photos, and would love to buy one if you're selling them.

Hopefully I'll have something to show by the end of the month :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz

New jewelry showed up on my desk this morning when I got to work...

PROTI Fully Forged Ti64 Titanium Rotor Bolts for the FZ-07 racebike project!

IMAG7305.jpg

 

I've worked with these guys in the past on my Yamaha XSR900 project, and the quality is unmatched.  Figured I'd use them again for this project since I have new wheels and rotors coming and don't feel like wrestling the old rotor bolts out of the stock wheels, haha.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mossrider

Haha, you can't dare use those. Look at the display case, it's nicer than anything in my shop.

Race ya ta the bottom...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz
9 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Haha, you can't dare use those. Look at the display case, it's nicer than anything in my shop.

Race ya ta the bottom...

Right?!?! I bet I could have saved a bunch of money if they went with less than stellar packaging!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz

Getting closer :)

584988267~2.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz

Those custom Camo Radiator Hoses will need replacing, as they don't go with my race team livery.

Did a little playing with the Samco configurator, and came up with this:

 

SAMCO FZ-07.jpg

 

:)

- Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz

Just got this pic...believe one of those sets is mine !

:)

- Paul

 

603837843_68401697_1385896131564602_4124092498870009856_n(1).thumb.jpg.3899233a1eaa534327aacb126f55d90e.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mossrider
Just now, pgeldz said:

Just got this pic...believe one of those sets is mine !

:)

- Paul

Very nice. I hope some day we get to cross swords on a track. Maybe compare equipment, so to speak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz
34 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Very nice. I hope some day we get to cross swords on a track. Maybe compare equipment, so to speak. 

For sure!  Your buddy Tom invited me to do some track work with him in your neck of the woods.  I'm always looking for a good road trip, so I just might! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorkyah
2 hours ago, pgeldz said:

For sure!  Your buddy Tom invited me to do some track work with him in your neck of the woods.  I'm always looking for a good road trip, so I just might! :)

Drag me along with ya,

I need to get out of Phoenix for a bit

  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mossrider
Just now, pgeldz said:

For sure!  Your buddy Tom invited me to do some track work with him in your neck of the woods.  I'm always looking for a good road trip, so I just might! :)

 

Just now, sorkyah said:

Drag me along with ya,

I need to get out of Phoenix for a bit

The weekend of September 20th-22nd is the season finale 5 hour endurance race on Sunday. 

Paul, I have an open spot on our team and you have a race license.

@sorkyah , I don't have a pit crew yet. 

Just saying. 

Ready, set, GO! IMG_7814-X2-1.thumb.jpg.84e9608b73c8e883ef5960234de062fc.jpg

Pre-race prep,

DSC04529_resized.thumb.JPG.f246ed4181a18d08390bb40fc69d10d7.JPG

Saturday is sprint races, Saturday nite is the BIR world chili championship and beer fest. Sunday we race into glory.

@cornerslider should be there too, pitting for the opposition...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz
12 hours ago, mossrider said:

 

The weekend of September 20th-22nd is the season finale 5 hour endurance race on Sunday. 

Paul, I have an open spot on our team and you have a race license.

Ugg, I'd LOVE to!  But that's the weekend of my first test with my bike (if I can get it finished in time).  If not, the test will come the next weekend, at Round 1 of our series.

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spatt
On 8/13/2019 at 1:21 PM, pgeldz said:

Just got this pic...believe one of those sets is mine !

:)

- Paul

 

603837843_68401697_1385896131564602_4124092498870009856_n(1).thumb.jpg.3899233a1eaa534327aacb126f55d90e.jpg

Yeah sure is.  I had originally forgotten the stem so it is trailing behind the first package.  Let me know if you have any questions on installation.  Pretty straight forward but let me know.

  • Like 1

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz
5 minutes ago, Spatt said:

Yeah sure is.  I had originally forgotten the stem so it is trailing behind the first package.  Let me know if you have any questions on installation.  Pretty straight forward but let me know.

Thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz

Special Delivery!

 

69482759_2632065926817300_1917335888413589504_n.thumb.jpg.83ab4e0ec6ea435b9ccb48c119c99ea8.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evill_Ed

Nice 👍🏻👍🏻

  • Like 1

Act like a Clown and Funny Things will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fzar

What sprockets did you go with @pgeldz 525 or 520? Now that you'll have more power going to the rear.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz
2 hours ago, fzar said:

What sprockets did you go with @pgeldz 525 or 520? Now that you'll have more power going to the rear.

 

520, which is what I currently have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz

The new MWR Air Filters dual race pods and Carbonsmith custom velocity stacks, complete with catch can set up neatly hidden by Speed Demon Motorcycles...

IMAG7454.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pgeldz

Finally!  Gilles and Galespeed showed up today.  Now I just need to find some time to get the build started!

:)

- Paul

IMAG7482.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cleverriver
On 8/21/2019 at 11:52 PM, pgeldz said:

The new MWR Air Filters dual race pods and Carbonsmith custom velocity stacks, complete with catch can set up neatly hidden by Speed Demon Motorcycles...

Is that airbox MotoAmerica legal though? I didn't think you could use an additional catch can

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.