The MT-07 Forum

IXIL L3XB fuel map

fz_evank

Hello all,

I am looking at buying an IXIL L3XB full exhaust for my fz. Some say you don't "need" to have it tuned, but it is recommended. However, I am having some trouble finding a fuel map that would be best to install. I have a flash kit on the way and was hoping to get a recommendation on a good fuel map. I am currently running all stock internals. I tried looking on powercommander and didn't find the setup im planning on running. Other forums suggested just picking one close to my intended setup. If anyone has any recommended maps for my setup, feel free to share! Thanks.

Have you talked to anyone at 2 Wheel Dynoworks, the vendor that's on this site? Maybe they can help you with that and their flash tune does a lot more than just tune the pipe. Most people seem to love it. It will also save you time and trouble. I see some people almost in tears dealing with power commanders and such. Have you looked at the "member introduction" under MT-07 FZ-07 Discussion?

Beemer

2 hours ago, Beemer said:

Have you talked to anyone at 2 Wheel Dynoworks, the vendor that's on this site? Maybe they can help you with that and their flash tune does a lot more than just tune the pipe. Most people seem to love it. It will also save you time and trouble. I see some people almost in tears dealing with power commanders and such. Have you looked at the "member introduction" under MT-07 FZ-07 Discussion?

I chose a kit that is FAR easier to install than a power commander and I will do 2 extra steps (plugging 3 pins into the ECU and plugging it into my computer) to do it myself than to send the ECU in for a tune so I might as well save myself some future money. And yes I posted in the new members intro.

• Like 1

I have the L3XB on my bike and just recently did the ECU flash by 2WDW. I asked about the fuel maps too and they said they have them but they were uploaded to photobucket and their account has since expired. Just waiting for them to reupload  

1 minute ago, KyleC4 said:

I have the L3XB on my bike and just recently did the ECU flash by 2WDW. I asked about the fuel maps too and they said they have them but they were uploaded to photobucket and their account has since expired. Just waiting for them to reupload  

Yeah i just called them and they want to charge me $200 for the map alone because I have my own tuning kit coming...but wow $200 is rough for just an electronic file. why can't anyone post it online for free :(???

Just now, fz_evank said:

Yeah i just called them and they want to charge me $200 for the map alone because I have my own tuning kit coming...but wow $200 is rough for just an electronic file. why can't anyone post it online for free :(???

I think the price comes from them needing some kind of license to “unlock” the OEM ECU or something like that. I can’t remember exactly what they told me 

I think the price comes from them needing some kind of license to “unlock” the OEM ECU or something like that. I can’t remember exactly what they told me 

hmm ok. Are you running it untuned now? How has the bike felt going from stock to the IXIL? 

5 minutes ago, fz_evank said:

hmm ok. Are you running it untuned now? How has the bike felt going from stock to the IXIL? 

No I had them flash my ECU for the Ixil. If we’re comparing stock to the Ixil without the tune, there definitely was a loss in power in the low end. After the tune, I can definitely feel an improvement in the low end torque. Also the throttle is MUCH smoother. As for engine braking, there really isn’t that much of a difference in 1st and 2nd gear but I can tell they eliminated the annoying fuel cutoff on decel feature 

Edit: I just spoke to Nate about the updated fuel maps and he said the L3XB system is making about 71hp with the tune (so about on par with the Yoshimura pipe) 

Edited by KyleC4

No I had them flash my ECU for the Ixil. If we’re comparing stock to the Ixil without the tune, there definitely was a loss in power in the low end. After the tune, I can definitely feel an improvement in the low end torque. Also the throttle is MUCH smoother. As for engine braking, there really isn’t that much of a difference in 1st and 2nd gear but I can tell they eliminated the annoying fuel cutoff on decel feature 

ok. I personally might just suck it up and pay the $200 just for the map. I personally like the engine breaking and some other settings. I feel like it would be easier if I customized it myself. Thanks for your input!

stickshift

You could just try one of the Power Commander maps for an aftermarket exhaust (maps available for download on their website). 

There really isn’t that much difference in the fuelling needs between exhausts if you haven’t modified the induction side of things (aftermarket air filter etc).

5 hours ago, stickshift said:

You could just try one of the Power Commander maps for an aftermarket exhaust (maps available for download on their website). 

There really isn’t that much difference in the fuelling needs between exhausts if you haven’t modified the induction side of things (aftermarket air filter etc).

Hmm i was thinking about that, are there any side affects from doing this? I know 2WDW says it is a terrible idea to do this, but then again they also want to make some sales.

stickshift

There’s nothing wrong with going down this road, many have done this. The fuelling won’t be optimised 100%, however it won’t be ‘unsafe’. That Ixil exhaust model looks quite free flowing, I’d suggest starting with the map for the Graves exhaust (22-065-002) and see how that goes.

Don’t be tempted to change to an aftermarket air filter as it will change the fuelling requirements considerably. Removing the intake snorkel gives a benefit and will be fine to do with above map.