The MT-07 Forum

FT ECU KIT MT07 UK MODEL ISSUES

backwheelben

backwheelben

Whats happening! Ive just bought the FT ECU kit for my 2016 MT07 UK model. Ive been trying to find power commander maps to import for the fuel maps. The only map I can find that is intented for the EU is for stock intake + stock filter. 

I have ordered an Akra Ti full system and Dna stage 2 air filter. The problem is, I cant find any EU power commander maps to suit this setup. Is it possible to use a US map in UK or would that do damage/cause issues?  

Im hoping someone can give me advice before I try anything. 

Thanks!

I have a 2017 MT-07 EU model running FTECU.  The important thing is they have your ecu code in the FTECU, as they didn't for mine when I first got it and it caused some check engine lights substituting for the closest one.  The fuel maps are designed for the exhaust and intake setups, which is why the only one that mentions EU specs is the stock intake and exhaust.  Once you are changing that stuff, it no longer matters which region it's for because the rest of ecu settings are pretty much the same.  I run the Yoshi map with my Mivv exhaust and it works pretty well with almost no popping.  I am no professional, but this is my understanding and it has worked out for me.

backwheelben

Im with ya mate thanks for the reply! The EU thing makes sense because we have the different airbox Im assuming thats why thats the only EU specific map? I wasnt sure if the US fuel maps would work because of different octane fuel or something like that. Clearly not a pro tuner haha! Hopefully my ECU code is in the software already, I havent even checked it yet! What did you have to do to solve the check engine light issues?

I spoke to Mike Bienvannu at Velox Racing where I ordered the FTECU kit from. He said the power commander maps are pretty shet anyway, and the best option is the active tune when adding exhaust and intake. Thats if you don't mind spending the money!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What did you have to do to solve the check engine light issues?

I spoke to Mike Bienvannu at Velox Racing where I ordered the FTECU kit from. He said the power commander maps are pretty shet anyway, and the best option is the active tune when adding exhaust and intake. Thats if you don't mind spending the money!

Sorry, I'm not on here much these days.  Actually just packing the bike to head to Isle of Man for the TT.  The check engine light was resolved when I got the correct ECU code, I believe.  It's been nearly 2 years since I had the issue.  They sent me an OBD adapter for the bike and I cleared the codes...they didn't come back and all is well as far I can tell.

I would certainly love to pick up that active tune but I'm heading back to the States next year so I'm not putting anymore money in the MT.

Edited by kbob2000
Added quote.

backwheelben
On 5/30/2019 at 7:45 PM, kbob2000 said:

Sorry, I'm not on here much these days.  Actually just packing the bike to head to Isle of Man for the TT.  The check engine light was resolved when I got the correct ECU code, I believe.  It's been nearly 2 years since I had the issue.  They sent me an OBD adapter for the bike and I cleared the codes...they didn't come back and all is well as far I can tell.

I would certainly love to pick up that active tune but I'm heading back to the States next year so I'm not putting anymore money in the MT.

No worries man! Im gonna record a video when I flash the ECU and probably gona have a video about the Active tune soon as well if your interested ;)

Subscribe to the channel if you like watching that sort of stuff