The MT-07 Forum

STEREO SYSTEM

BRILLOMT07

BRILLOMT07

I want to install a handlebar mount stereo system with M.P.3 player.Does anyone know what wattage and amp maximums the bike can handle,and where to connect the hot wire?Thanks.

NikitaUCLA

Really? A helmet mounted Bluetooth system would serve this purpose.

I'm 50 years old, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that no one cares that you ride a motorcycle or your music (including chicks). I'm not accusing you of trying to be a show off....but just in case...

Edited by NikitaUCLA

BRILLOMT07

To Sunblock==Thanks much.The stereo I was looking at is 14 watt and 4 amp,so I will try to find one that will work.===To Nikita UCLA==i tried the helmet mount speakers and it drowns out too much outside noise.I would never think of even turning it on if I was anywhere near traffic or people.My daughter lives 35 miles away on long winding country roads with no people and little traffic.I need a little Led Zeppelin to keep me company. P.S.=I'm 67 years old and was racing a 750 Norton flattracker when you were still in diapers so keep you're smart ass opinions to yourself unless you know what you're talking about.

• Haha 1

Bigturbomax
16 hours ago, BRILLOMT07 said:

To Sunblock==Thanks much.The stereo I was looking at is 14 watt and 4 amp,so I will try to find one that will work.===To Nikita UCLA==i tried the helmet mount speakers and it drowns out too much outside noise.I would never think of even turning it on if I was anywhere near traffic or people.My daughter lives 35 miles away on long winding country roads with no people and little traffic.I need a little Led Zeppelin to keep me company. P.S.=I'm 67 years old and was racing a 750 Norton flattracker when you were still in diapers so keep you're smart ass opinions to yourself unless you know what you're talking about.

If youre playing Led Zepplin, TURN IT UP! i support external stereos if youre playing the good stuff!

Seriously tho, ive run 3 amps of accessories without issue for a long time now so VxA=W leaves us with 39 roughly. I seem to remember doing the math and coming to the conlusion that our stators have a max of about 60 extra watts of output above normal system loads. So if you keep your stereo under 40 watts max rms you should be fine. That is of course assuming youre not running a bunch of other accessories. 

Edited by Bigturbomax

BRILLOMT07

To  Bigturbomax=Thank you very very much!! 39 watts gives me a large variety to pick from.I've been riding and racing off-road since 1958,but this is my very first street bike.It's a 2018 MT-07 and I only have 480 miles on it.First bike with fuel injection,disc brakes,water cooled,and electric start.Hard to believe,but it took me about a week to get out of the habit of reaching down with my right hand to unfold the kick starter!My current mount is a 1984 Yamaha TT-600K and it has been my only trail bike and fireroader since 1988.Like comparing an Edsel to a Dodge Demon! I couldn't believe it when I pulled the tank and seat off,just out of curiosity,and saw all wires and fuses and stuff.I am I am so out of my element.I can only  hope that the MT-07 is as incredibly reliable as my thumper is.Again,thank you much.    

27 minutes ago, BRILLOMT07 said:

To  Bigturbomax=Thank you very very much!! 39 watts gives me a large variety to pick from.I've been riding and racing off-road since 1958,but this is my very first street bike.It's a 2018 MT-07 and I only have 480 miles on it.First bike with fuel injection,disc brakes,water cooled,and electric start.Hard to believe,but it took me about a week to get out of the habit of reaching down with my right hand to unfold the kick starter!My current mount is a 1984 Yamaha TT-600K and it has been my only trail bike and fireroader since 1988.Like comparing an Edsel to a Dodge Demon! I couldn't believe it when I pulled the tank and seat off,just out of curiosity,and saw all wires and fuses and stuff.I am I am so out of my element.I can only  hope that the MT-07 is as incredibly reliable as my thumper is.Again,thank you much.    

Could you please stop creating new threads about stereo systems?  I have to keep merging your new stereo threads into your other stereo thread and its getting kind of old. 

If you want to keep posting about your stereo, please do it in your existing thread about stereos, don't keep creating new duplicate topics.   Im merging this new one into your original stereo topic again now. 

• Haha 2